Digital Downloads

brand80

Hello,

I have a store that has some digital downloads in it, it seems since I updated to v5 from v4 any customers that have a digial download just get a blank white page when they try and access it via the link. My digital folder is a level below that of the public_html directory for security reasons, however it worked fine with v3 and v4. I also can't find where it shows how many times the link was clicked as before nor am I finding where it shows what the download link is in each order in v5 as it did in v4, all I see is the Reset download link in the order. Am I missing something? Is this a feature that isn't in v5? Is there a mod to add/enable it? I also need to get my main issue fixed where a customer that has a digital download gets just a white/blank page. Please let me know. Thanks!

Brandon

I think I spoke too soon on the white/blank screen issue, that part does actually seem to be working ok. I do think I would prefer the link sent to my customers who have a digital download in email take them to a page of the store that then allowed the user to click the link to download the file instead of coming up with the white screen and then the popup at the bottom (in IE 9 anyway) to open/run/save the file, I think maybe some of my customers dont see the little popup and think the link doesnt work.

But I would still like to know where the info above (about seeing the link and # of accesses/downloads in order info page in admin) is or if it still exists, if not would love a mod for it, guess I would have to request it in the 3rd part forums. Would like to know whether or not that feature is still maybe just hidden somewhere (and im just not finding it) first though. Thanks!

Brandon

The download link looks something like this:

http://www.example.com/index.php?_a=download&accesskey=eaddb04b85b1a0291060b0e5bd3a9a64

Downloads carried over by upgrading from CC4 might look like (because I haven't checked yet):

http://www.example.com/index.php?_a=download&amp;accesskey=eaddb04b <- as this was all that was needed for CC3/4 (I think).

There is a special circumstance when a digital product is given a Custom File Path: it is used as is, probably prepending the StoreURL when necessary, and the path needs to include the specific filename to send (such as /repository/prod7_specs.pdf).

Yes, we can code CubeCart5 to disallow direct downloading of purchased digital products, but maybe a better approach would be to re-word the email sent for digital orders.

In Email Templates, Cart: Digital Downloads, select the language you want to edit. I the HTML and Plain Text Content tabs, remove {$download.url} and change some wording about how the customer will need to log in, go their account page, and download from there. Provide just this link: {CONFIG.standard_url}?_a=login

And we can easily put a tab on the Statistics page to show Download History. (But maybe discuss this at www.cubecartforums.org)

To set the download limits, availability timeout and number of attempts, that would be Store Settings, Stock tab.

The download link looks something like this:

http://www.example.com/index.php?_a=download&amp;accesskey=eaddb04b85b1a0291060b0e5bd3a9a64

Thanks for your response. I know what the download link looks like, however on occassion I have had someone email me or contact me and state they never received the email with the download link. In v4, I use to be able to login to the admin area of the store and under each order it would show the link in plain text above (I believe if I remember correctly) the information as to how many times that link was accessed, when the link expired and the link to click on to reset it too.

I enjoyed the feature as I could tell if they had in fact accessed it (and if so, how many times) or not and I could also copy and paste it to them in email correspondence with them (if they had in fact not received it).

And we can easily put a tab on the Statistics page to show Download History. (But maybe discuss this at www.cubecartforums.org)

Im actually looking for some more information, whether it be on a new tab or existing tab of each individual orders details as to how many times the customers link was accessed, expiry date/time, etc... As stated above (like in cc v4).

To set the download limits, availability timeout and number of attempts, that would be Store Settings, Stock tab.

Yes, I do know where that is and already have that set from before.