NOT Resolved after all - USPS Shipping

Dirty Butter

I have had the newer shipping.class.php file in place ever since it came out, but I kept seeing the old error message in the error log every once in awhile.

It's very intermittent, where some customers' orders work, and others where error log shows they had no shipping choice and abandoned the cart. Until today, USPS was the only choice they had. I tested it, and also got the error message.

So, I've had to add back in By_Weight as a choice.

I left USPS enabled for those who did get the USPS choice.

Is there any way to make USPS show up first as a choice? By_Weight doesn't allow a customer to make delivery speed decisions, so I'd rather it only showed if USPS did not.

How can I get a DESC sort in this section of element.basket.php?

{foreach from=$SHIPPING key=group item=methods}

<optgroup label="{$group}">

{foreach from=$methods item=method}

<option value="{$method.value}" {$method.selected}>{$CUSTOMER_LOCALE.mark} {$method.display}</option>

{/foreach}

</optgroup>

{/foreach}

• 1 month later...
Guest cairnedge

Have just recently setup a new CubeCart 5.14 site and have had what I think is the same problem described above.

Selected only USPS as the Shipping Method with only Priority Domestic (U.S) as the choice.

However, going through the checkout process for the test item, no Shipping options show up at all.

Crawled through the documentation to see if I had set something up incorrectly, but the documentation about the shipping setup leaves a lot to be desired.

No references to this problem on the Knowledgebase, and this thread seems to be the closest to the problem.

I also check the RESOLVED! post, and edited the shipping.class.php file to change the variable name from "country" to "country_id" as recommended but that did not correct the problem either.

Have I missed something in the forums or has this issue simply not been addressed by CubeCart?

Thanks for any help.