Out of stock not working 5.1.4

Big Spender

Had an order the other day for products which had the stock level enabled with: -

Use Stock Level: Yes

Stock Level: 0

Stock Level Warning: 0

Allow out of stock purchases is set to disabled in general settings.

Yet the customer was still able to check out with three out of stock items, which are now on negative stock.

Anyone else with similar problems?

I tried a couple of ways to reproduce this on my test store....

1. Tried entering the add to cart form values in a query string - didn't work.

2. Tried changing the value of the hidden "add" field of an in-stock product to the number of an out-of-stock product using Firebug, and then clicking the Add button - didn't work.

3. Then I logged in to my test customer account, went to Order History, and found an old Pending test order for a product that is now "out of stock". Clicked the Complete Payment link and I was able to complete the order for the out-of-stock product. And yes, the stock level for that product is now negative.

However, this was a very old test order (probably dating back to version 5.0.0), and I have no idea what settings I've changed on the store since then (did we have the "Reduce stock level when..." setting in 5.0.0??). But it might be worth further testing by someone who knows what they're doing. :)