Out of stock purchases

salvador21

I want to allow out of stock purchases, so have enabled it.

However if I do that, then the product page does not show that it is out of stock (as it did with Cubecart4) and customers expect immediate delivery as they can't see it's out of stock.

My store policy and product descriptions state that shipping for out of stock items may take 2 - 3 weeks.

If I disable out of stock purchases customers obviously don't get an add to cart button

Is there a way round this please or am I missing something?

We need to edit the skin file that shows the product. In the skin template content.product.php, we are given four logical flags: CTRL_ALLOW_PURCHASE (A), CATALOGUE_MODE ©, CTRL_HIDE_PRICES (P), and CTRL_OUT_OF_STOCK (S). We need to figure out what we want and when.

Currently, for displaying the Buy Button, the code will show one of four things: S or P (or possibly nothing at all), or A or C (C is nothing at all).

You want A because you allow out-of-stock purchases, but you also want S to inform the customer of the stock situation.

So (for CC514, but CC515 should be the same),

{if A && !C} Buy {if S} 2-3 Week Delay {/if}

{else}{if P}Login{/if}

{/if}

Make these statements:

{if ($CTRL_ALLOW_PURCHASE) && (!$CATALOGUE_MODE)}

<p class="buy_button">

<input type="text" name="quantity" value="1" class="quantity required" />

<input type="hidden" name="add" value="{$PRODUCT.product_id}" />

<input type="submit" value="{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}" class="button_white" />

</p>

{else}

{if $CTRL_HIDE_PRICES}

<p class="buy_button"><strong>{$LANG.catalogue.login_to_view}</strong></p>

{else if $CTRL_OUT_OF_STOCK}

<p class="buy_button"><strong>{$LANG.catalogue.out_of_stock}</strong></p>

{/if}

{/if}

{if $SHARE}

look like:

{if ($CTRL_ALLOW_PURCHASE) && (!$CATALOGUE_MODE)}

<p class="buy_button">

<input type="text" name="quantity" value="1" class="quantity required" />

<input type="hidden" name="add" value="{$PRODUCT.product_id}" />

<input type="submit" value="{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}" class="button_white" /><br />

{if $CTRL_OUT_OF_STOCK}

<strong>{$LANG.catalogue.out_of_stock} There will be a 2-3 week delay.</strong>

{/if}

</p>

{else}

{if $CTRL_HIDE_PRICES}

<p class="buy_button"><strong>{$LANG.catalogue.login_to_view}</strong></p>

{/if}

{/if}

{if $SHARE}

But wait, there's more.

Because of a flawed logical assumption, the S flag does not get set to true if the store has enabled out of stock purchases. So, in the file /classes/catalogue.class.php at around line 227, find:

if ((int)$stock_level <= 0) {

// Out of Stock

if (!$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'basket_out_of_stock_purchase')) {

// Not Allowed

$allow_purchase = false;

$out = true;

}

}

and change to:

if ((int)$stock_level <= 0) {

$out = true; // Out of Stock

// Not Allowed

$allow_purchase = false;

}

}

In the file skinsYOUR_SKINtemplatescontent.category.php, find:

{if $product.ctrl_purchase && !$CATALOGUE_MODE}

<p class="buy_button"><input type="text" name="add[{$product.product_id}][quantity]" value="1" class="quantity" /> <input type="submit" value="{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}" class="button_white" /></p>

{elseif $product.out}

<p class="buy_button">{$LANG.catalogue.out_of_stock_short}</p>

{/if}

And make it look like this:

{if $product.ctrl_purchase && !$CATALOGUE_MODE}

<p class="buy_button"><input type="text" name="add[{$product.product_id}][quantity]" value="1" class="quantity" /> <input type="submit" value="{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}" class="button_white" />

{if $product.out}<br />{$LANG.catalogue.out_of_stock_short}{/if}</p>

{/if}

Then, again in catalogue.class.php, near line 825, follow the instructions I gave regarding line 227.

Looking at the HTML source as seen by my browser, I see that the </p> tag is on a line of its own, following the line breaks of the edited content.category.php file.

The {if $product.out} is still false, so that means the second edit for class.category.php is bad or not done.

The code near line 825 was originally:

// Out of Stock

// Not Allowed

$product['ctrl_purchase'] = false;

$product['out'] = true;

And needs to be:

$product['out'] = true; // Out of Stock

// Not Allowed

$product['ctrl_purchase'] = false;

Earlier when I said, "follow the instructions I gave regarding line 227," I hope you just didn't blindly copy/paste the exact same code from the line 227 area to the line 825 area, but rather saw the essential difference and extrapolated what was actually to be done.