Resolved - PHP Version - 5.2.6 MySQL Version - 5.0.5

jonah2494

Hi guys,  I've been using cubcart for a while now but one of my clients has just had there server upgraded and the site shows but now I cant login as admin(stuck in loop) also I can add things to basket but when I go to basket nothing shows.  I have upgraded to the latest release of cubecart hoping that that may have resolved the issue but to no avail.  New server is using PHP Version - 5.2.6 MySQL Version - 5.0.5 if anyone has any ideas or solution to my problem it would be most appreciated.  Many thanks in advance

Dean

Welcome jonah2494! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The first thing I would like for you to try is to delete the cookies you have for the domain of this store. Then close all instances of the browser you are using to access this store. This should effectively kill any possibility that the browser is sending obsolete cookies to the store.

Let us know if that worked.

Hi bsmither,

thanks for your quick response.  No sorry that didnt work.  The Site worked fine until moved by the provider and Ive tried everything that I can think of to identify what the problem is.  I have checked all/lots of forums to no avail.  thank you for your assistance very much appreciated.

site= www.motors-direct.co.uk

thanks

Dean

Can you recall the server's configuration before the move? PHP version, MySQL version, Root path to your hosted filespace?

When I called up your site, I got two copies of the almost same cookie. One has HttpOnly and the other has httponly with an expiration date.

I've seen this before but do not recall what the solution was.

There is a vague recollection that the site had an unnecessary php.ini file in the hosted filespace.

If you find a php.ini file in your hosted filespace, temporarily rename it. You may not need it.

For your own curiosity, however, if there is a personal php.ini file that has been installed and setup for your filespace, take a look at it's contents.

That extra cookie is coming from somewhere. Advise your hosting provider that your CubeCart application sends out its own cookie, yet the browser is receiving another, almost identical cookie from a another source.

Couple more things to try:

If in the server upgrade, the IP address of that server changed (or you were moved to another server with a different IP address), there may be licensing issues. Determine if you can the correct IP address of the server, then log in to your cp.cubecart.com control panel and make sure your license info matches. But this would not affect the anomaly about an empty cart.

Then, using a utility provided by your hosted account's control panel to view the CubeCart database, such as phpMyAdmin, look at the entries in the CubeCart_*_error_log tables and access_log table. There may be a clue about why you can't log in.

Hi Smither,

just got this reply from my host.

MyEngineers have found that a work around that can be done from your side should allow you full access to your admin area.
It is basically due to 'session handling' that the website is trying to control but this need to be disabled and allow the server to control this instruction.

This will have changed due to our update recently to allow all dynamically driven websites to speed up.
The process is 'memcache' but this has been placed onto a different server from where the web files are stored.

You or your designers will need to locate where the session handling is set on the Content Management System files either in the config file or in a database table and ensure that there is no path set.

hoping that this can resolve the solution but where do I find these?? many thanks for your assistance.

Dean0

Based on this response from your hosting provider, you may need official guidance from Devellion. There is sufficient complexity with CubeCart's session handling to not permit an outside handler to do it. Devellion may have a solution. But be prepared to move hosts or upgrade your hosting account to a non-shared server.

As far as I know, there is no "setting" in CubeCart to delegate the session handling responsibiity to some other entity.

On the other hand, if "Ensure there is no path set" is the suggested solution, then, yes, the code in CubeCart can be edited to not set a path.

In the file /classes/session.class.php, at about line 100, find:

if (!$ini['session.cookie_path']) {
            // make sure session cookies are pointing to store path
            ini_set('session.cookie_path',$GLOBALS['rootRel']);
        }

Put double-slashes in front of each of these lines to make them comments:

//        if (!$ini['session.cookie_path']) {
//            // make sure session cookies are pointing to store path
//            ini_set('session.cookie_path',$GLOBALS['rootRel']);
//        }

I do not know what this may break elsewhere, of even if this suggested fix by your hosting provider is correct.

Also, your hosting provider might mean 'path' with respect to the where the session saves its files. In that case, undo the previous edits and make comments to these lines at about line 65:

//        if ($ini['session.save_handler'] != 'files') {

//            //set default sessions save handler

//            ini_set('session.save_handler', 'files');

//        }

Smither,

gor bless ya.  your a diamond.

//  if ($ini['session.save_handler'] != 'files') { 
//     //set default sessions save handler 
//ini_set('session.save_handler', 'files');
//        }

fixed it a treat.  Tried your first option(no good)  nearly missed your second fix(snow blind).

site works fantastic and I thank you very-very-very much for your help and assistance.  I owe you a very LARGE BEER.

Many thanks my friend :)

Dean0