Resolved - Stop Mouse-over Admin Search Popout (search customers, prod

WalstonNet

You know in the admin there's the pop-out on the right-hand side to search customers, search products & search orders? It is driving my client absolutely nuts (well, me too) because every time you put your mouse even close to that area, it pops out, and it is very annoying.

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable this, but at the same time search those three things in another way? I see that in each of the areas (products, orders, customers) that there is a search tab, but when you click the search tab, the pop-out opens, so it looks like the search is all done through that pop-out???

If I were to create a page somehow in the admin to search those things, could that be done, could the op-out be disabled??? It really is annoying, so if anyone could help, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

This is a common complaint. In the file /js/admin.js, about 1/3 of the way down, find:

$('#sidebar_control').mouseover(function(){

Make it:

$('#sidebar_control').click(function(){

Then, about 45 lines down, find:

if (target == '#sidebar') {
 $('#sidebar_control').mouseover();

Change mouseover() to click()

Then you may have to force your browser to reload that file. You can make a specific call:

www.domain.com/js/admin.js

and the browser will cache that, replacing the copy the browser cached previously.

Perfect! Works perfectly! I didn't even think about the option of making it come out when clicked on, but that's great! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! My client will be eternally grateful! I bet they change that in the next release huh? LOL!