Resolved - Overall customer database file?

RinaldiStudio

Hi CC forums -

I've been up and operational for a few months now, and with our first product finally delivered to us and ready to go, we have decided to use a third-party fulfillment house for our physical shipping efforts. 

Try as I might, and I'm admittedly a noob with codes and being a webmaster of sorts, but where is the file that contains all of my customer orders?

This is probably a basic question, but I have no idea where to find it and then send it on to the fulfillment house to process the orders for shipping through their system. I dread the thought of sending the info as a cut and paste file from each individual order (I've over 300 of them).

I have done the maintenance backup files, but looking through the downloaded folder to find a file of my customers seems to allude me. I have no idea what it is even called.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I think there isn't a CubeCart module that will create a "fulfillment report".

If you choose to have one built, then orders are stored in the database as such:

CubeCart_order_summary contains all normalized information about the order:

Customer, Billing address, Delivery address, Taxes, Grand Totals, etc.

CubeCart_Order_inventory contains all the products associated with that order.

The two tables are joined by the cart_order_id column.

CubeCart does have an "External Software" module capability, and the only thin in there so far is "Sage", but I have no idea what that is.

There is however, on the Orders Overview screen, the ability to check all orders in a Processing status, then at the bottom of the list, select the drop-downs to say, "With selected, don't change order status then print an invoice."

I'm thinking this is what you are referring with CubeCart_order_summary

rinaldis_cube601.cc_CubeCart_order_summary

I took this screen grab from the back of my store, fourth line down. 

orig.jpg

I'm guessing this is the file, but how do I get it off my site for external use? The menu options at the bottom of the list say Optimize, Repair, Check, Analyze.

Do I select Analyze? I'm simply unfamiliar with their definitions, and don't want to mess this info up.

Thanks for the help! 

Best,

Mike

"I'm thinking this is what you are referring with CubeCart_order_summary"

No. I am explaining where the data is at. I am also pointing out that the administrative tasks programmed into CubeCart do not (yet) allow for the generation of the kind of output you are wanting to send to your warehouse.

I mentioned on the Orders screen, the selecting of orders to print invoices is currently the best possible solution.

The screen grab lists the tables that make up a CubeCart database and the options presented to you are basic fix-it attempts to be taken at the direction of Devellion (or an IT Engineer). (If you execute one of these functions, nothing bad will actually happen.)

You can make a backup of the CubeCart database and download it to your computer. And from the SQL script that is the backup of that database, select and copy out the scripts that define the schema and contents of those two tables. But I seriously doubt your warehouse would know what to make of it.

May I suggest you consult with your warehouse, acquire a detailed schematic of what a data file would need to contain and its format, so that, if possible, a report exporter could be built to satisfy the requirements of your warehouse.

Once you have that schematic, please send me a private message with your email.

As an optional approach, if your warehouse has Internet access, you can create an administrative login, and give the single permission to view the Order Summary screen. From that, perhaps the crew at your warehouse will be able to make fulfillment.

Thank you for the help, in the end we decided to simply give the fulfillment house our Paypal account information and let them process the shipping orders directly from our account linked to the site. All our customers are already in there and it handles all email tracking/shipping info automatically so made the most sense. 

Much appreciate the effort you put into answering me.

Best,

Mike