Problems wit the galley Images and other issues

Mec4D

I use the Cubecart v5 pro , I have problem with the images that show max resolution 500 pix , where the max is set to 650 , I cleaned the cache once before and it help but still after adding new products the maximum resolution is 500px , even into the Admin when I check the images so it have nothing to do with the template .

Where I can change this, my template ( outside the standard is set to show maximum ) and also I see in the cache the 650 px versions but they never load .

Also I can't update to the last version getting error in the admin section, also downloading the full backup of file does not work .

I usually never had any problem with my old v4 but this new one create me some headache , also when I create custom order for my client the download link does not show up in the customer account , only orders created by the customers show the link in the section .

Also under the Sale Items , you can't sort the products by date or new release it is totally chaos , and that is v5 bug and should be fixed .

My Cubecart version is V5 1.5 , did not updated to the last one because of the above issues that prevent me from doing it .

Also I would like to shut down the right slide in search thing in the Admin it is annoying !!!

thank you for reply in advance

Cath

Hello Mec4D!

Please tell us, in your installation, where are setting a max resolution of 650?

Please look at the contents of this file:

/skins/YOUR_SKIN/config.xml

where YOUR_SKIN is the skin package you have chosen for your store to use.

At the bottom of the file are all the resolutions that the skin is designed to have, such that an image actually sized larger or smaller for where it needs to be will destroy the layout.

Sorry, I have no good answer for why you can't update.

We do know that if the admin creates an order, instead of the customer placing the order, a few things just doesn't happen very well. I think CC520 fixed one of those things -- not sure exactly which one.

If I recall, the Sale Items are sorted by retail price, but I'm not sure in which direction -- highest price to lowest, or maybe the most savings to the least savings. We can offer advice on how to get it sorted any way you wish.

If you have customized any skin, be sure that this skin has a name not the same as any of CubeCart's standard skins. Then download the latest CubeCart package from cubecart.com and simply upload the package overwriting what is currently there. Then run /setup/index.php

The admin 'sidebar' is a huge annoyance. There are conversations here that discuss what to change to make that a click event, rather than a hover event.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for your reply, I missed the notification , I set the max to 800 px int he file you suggested , the new images are generated at 800px as well , but they does not show up at the resolution , and I believe it is not just the skin here as the same resolution show when I look on the preview images under admin , they just have fixed size and no way to see them the way it was before , I did not edit anything , the skin I use was designed by someone else and they try to fix it without any success , at this moment I am using java script for a zoom effect in place of the full image preview as i is still fixed at 500 height  in both skin and under admin , when I installed V5 it was all good then next day it does not worked anymore at no reason , I have set my images as follow

thumbs 240 px

mini thumbs gallery 50 px

product page image 500 px

max preview 800 px  ( not loading ) 

it is funny , as the wide working as well and is unlimited when I upload for example image in resolution 500 x 1500  it show up but not 1500 x 500 as it will resize it to fixed 500px height 

Thank you

Cath