Resolved - Installation problems, given warnings about 'language.c

Guest Ratt100

Guest Ratt100

After comparing different e-commerce sites I've been trying to install CubeCart as I liked the look of it most. Firstly by using Softaculous in cPanel, which always appears to install OK, but when I go to the folder I just see a blank page, not just on admin but the whole site. In the error log I am seeing warnings related to language.class line 670?

So I gave up with Softaculous and uploaded one manually. When I go to the setup page, the browser throws me a 500. I checked the error log and again I see warnings about the language.class, line 670.

I submitted a ticket to my web host in hope they would find what's causing this. Is it something I can fix or what? Very frustrating!

My current installations are www.matthubbert.co.uk/cube and www.matthubbert.co.uk/cubecart-manual (Not that this will help much)

Cheers

Welcome Ratt100! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Line 670 in the Language class file is asking to instantiate an instance of class SimpleXMLElement, which I believe is a component of PHP, but which can also not be included in the building of the PHP executable that is installed on the server your site is running on. NOTE: that comment refers to the latest version of CC521.

In the setup folder, there is a file, info.php, that if asked for by your browser, will show you if SimpleXML is installed.

And from what I see:

Your host has disabled the PHP function eval() which will make several third-party mods unable to run.

To send emails, you will need to set CubeCart to use localhost as the SMTP server because they have disabled PHP's mail() function.

SimpleXML is installed, so I don't know what the problem could be.

SourceGuardian is installed. I've never seen that before.

SuHosin is installed. Make sure your host has SuHosin configured correctly.

Guest Ratt100

Thanks for your input. They were pretty useless to begin with, telling me there's an issue with CubeCart itself and to try older versions etc. It wasn't until I got angry and threatened to leave them did they magically appear to fix it. And they've not even told me what the problem was!

Thanks anyway