File Upload for Customers ?

Nik Grey

I am looking for ways to allow customers to upload images with orders, I have been searching for a few hours now and somebody has suggested using 'File Upload' which, so they say is already available ?

I can't seem to find this option, could anybody point me in the right direction as this will help until I find an 'Image Upload' mod which I don't think exists at this time.

One of the developers was offering to create this type of mod. Have you asked on the 3rd party forum - that's your best chance of getting one created. As for the File Uploads process, that's done from the admin side, so I'm not sure how that could be used by a customer. Maybe the thinking was to use the coding of the file upload already available to create a way for customers to upload?

I did ask a developer about this but the deal was not what I was looking for, I have since posted the jobs I need on a popular freelancer site and have had some encouraging responses so it looks like I will get what I am looking for but only time will tell.

I really do want to use Cubecart for my project as I like it, its going to cost a few more pretty pennies (and it looks like time) before I am ready to go though so my idea of opening before Christmas may just be just that a 'nice idea' but that's life.

Another fella did come back with a definite price, he was a little over confident though - I had to laugh that one off.

The only thing I cant work out yet (and I havent spoken to anyone about this) is how do you create custom pages in CC - for my 'lettering Calculator'. I am hoping to link to the page from my index page as there is no better way of doing it.. Maybe I will have to use the description (Category) to add the html for the module ?

You can make "hidden" document pages that don't show in the menu, but they can be "called" from a direct link. Maybe this is what you need? I do this on our Plush Catalog. Do YOU Think Plush Friends Are Important? is hard coded into our main.php, so it shows near the top of every page. If you click on it, there is a page that has several red links. All those links are hidden document pages. The have seo urls and meta data, as well as having all the navigation of the full site.

I could have hard coded it in the sidebar if wanted, by using the box.featured.php in skins.

http://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/index.php

I like that, and see what you mean - I used Joomla for a while and you could do the linkage in a secret menu so maybe that is the way to do what I will be needing.

It's a Rollercoaster of emotions for me at the moment, one day it seems I cant do what I need and then the next.. Keeps one alive though :)

If you try to do that kind of linking from within a product description there's more involved, I think, because of SMARTY. But I'm pretty sure Bsmither has helped someone do that with {literal} coding if I remember correctly. Anyway, if that's what you need I think it can be done.

I know what you mean about the roller coaster ride - been on it today, myself.