Keeps logging me off when i try to save something

tub323

Hi There,

Im new to this forum and not very computer literate hence my frustration.

Many years ago, I had used cubecart with one of the earlier versions which I was really happy with back then (after getting my head around it). Once I decided to start another online business, it was a no brainer (or so i thought). I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I keep getting logged out time after time as soon as I try to save a product or save any information.

It seems to be much worse since I have just upgraded to 5.24.

My application requires multiple option sets which were easier to use in the early versions and have now become quite complicated.

I am only using the lite version as I will be upgrading to the full version once I get my head around this.

I paid to have the install done as I had no clue how to do it...lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot add anything to my store and cannot go any further without being logged out.

Cheers

Welcome tub323! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart comes programmed to have just 60 minutes of inactivity (page request to page request). That is to say, the cookie that is sent to your browser has a lifetime of 60 minutes.

When the cookie 'expires', the browser will not send it back and CubeCart has no way to know that it's you. So, you are logged out.

Now, if you think you are making page requests before the cookie expires, then we need to look for the cause. The cookie time is based on UTC, so make sure your computer is in the right time zone and has the correct time.