UPS Calculation Question

ThreeOak

I'm setting up my new CubeCart site and can't seem to get the UPS module to work as I expect.  The pricing is double what I expect it to be.  I'm using CubeCart lite for now until I'm open for a few months to find out if there will be enough demand to justify the cost.  Since I cannot add the UPS API with the lite version, I don't know if upgrading and using the API will resolve my problem.    Anyone have experience with this?

Diana

"Since I cannot add the UPS API with the lite version..."

I don't understand what you mean by this. The stock shipping plugins, including UPS, should work fine for CC-Lite.

In admin, please view the Request Log. The response will list all the shipping costs for the UPS products you have enabled in the module's control panel -- or an error message.

Please copy a typical response to a test order in your reply.

Request Sent - http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=43023&19_destPostal=43023&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=3&47_rateChart=One%2BTime%2BPickup&48_container=00&49_res accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=43023&19_destPostal=43023&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=3&47_rateChart=One%2BTime%2BPickup&48_container=00&49_residential=1

Response received UPSOnLine3%GND%43023%US%43023%US%002%3%10.09%2.75%12.84%End of Day%

Here's information from the log.  Maybe I haven't configured it correctly? 

Three pounds, sent from 43023 to 43023, pickup for Ground shipping residential delivery:

=====

What did you expect it to be?

FYI: Until CubeCart has the customer's delivery zipcode, the initial (worthless) estimate will be a shipment from you, to you.

That is a few dollars higher than I expected.   However, it sounds like it's the rate that UPS is sending to CubeCart. 

I just tried creating another customer address and doubled the weight and the price was a little closer; however, it was still high.

Is there a way I can discount shipping if I want?

In the UPS control panel, there is a spot for a handling fee. I have no idea if a negative value will work here.

Is your store still working in the desired currency? I believe UPS may require the amount in USD and I don't know for sure what conversions are in play.

Negative handling fee was a good idea, but it didn't work.  I checked currency and it's still set to 1.   I tried using Category shipping by entering a dollar amount into per shipment and per item.   When you go to checkout, it shows a Category shipping amount of $0.00 (UPS).   Doesn't make sense to me.