Additional spaces - not needed

xivviltd

Hi there, 

building my first cubecart site at present and having some difficulty removing some additional white space that I dont want.  

The problem is that it does not show up on all products.  Only ones that have product options.

Take a look and you will see what I mean.

http://www.earlsofashwood.co.uk/white-stilton-with-mango-ginger.html - This one has a big gap between the option drop down and the buy button

However, this one does not.... http://www.earlsofashwood.co.uk/wensleydale-with-cranberry.html (but there are no option drop down).

I suspect, that it is something to do with the options but cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Paul

Welcome xivviltd! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

This may be a bug in the Crosshatch skin. We will have to experiment further.

The obvious difference is in the <div class="productOptions"> block, specifically the <div class="clear"> effect. It is causing the 'clear' to extend below the left column contents, or the right column contents, whichever is lower.

I thought I solved this, but I can't find a post about it in these forums.

Brian's right, that's the cause of it.

Ugh, if you saw the previous bad advice, ignore it.. shouldn't answer things in a morning it seems.

Hmm, I'm not too sure what's wrong with it either actually, normally those issues are caused by certain elements being floated and not display block, which sometimes seems to set off that glitch, but that doesn't appear to be the case in this one.

Ok, it's because the container it's in isn't floated but the gallery on the left is.

What you need to do is on the css, edit the styling for:

#productDetail, line 423 on common.css

Take out the margin-left, and replace it with:

float: left;

width: 340px;

Some of the elements within, like the label are a still a little odd though, that has a width of 600 and is bigger than the box it's in, but it's not a direct issue