Breadcumbs

northwalesinks

Where is the setting for the store location in the admin area?  I have a 
store at http://www.northwalesinks.com/store/ but my "home" link in the 
breadcumbs goes to http://www.northwalesinks.com/store (no trailing slash).

The .htaccess file does 301 redirect to the /store/ address but as 
Google says, a 301 redirect loses about 15% of the link value and I 
figure that if I can change the setting to include the slash on the end 
of the address I'd gain the 15% back on each of the breadcrumb links to 
my home page and boost the value of that page in the eyes of Google.

In admin, there is only the provision to specify the SSL variant, the standard variant, and the SSL relative root path, but only when the store is serving secure pages.

In the file ini.inc.php, CubeCart derives the appropriate value for the $GLOBALS['storeURL'] variable.

You have three approaches: fix all the code that assumes $GLOBALS['storeURL'] has a trailing slash, fix the skin to move the slash from one variable to another, fix the htaccess rule.

Regarding the htaccess rule, would you please elaborate on why it is necessary?

Here is my understanding: when the web server receives www.northwalesinks.com/store, a check is made for the existence of 'store' as a file. If 'store' is a file, the web server delivers the contents of the file 'store'.

If 'store' is not a file, a check is made for the existence of 'store' as a directory.  If 'store' is a directory, the web server makes that directory the current working directory.

If 'store' is not a directory, the web server will either process any rewrite rules if present, or return a 404.

Or, if there is a slash, the web server examines the next phrase in the path -- file? directory? rewrite?

Therefore, not redirecting according to your rule, will still get a page served when 'store' is a directory and there is a default document to serve.

The slash following 'store' tells the web server to not bother checking for 'store' as a file.