Cannot change order status

PeteW1959

I am trying to change a whole load of order statuses to 'Order Complete'.

From the 'Orders Overview' tab I tick the orders I want to change, in the 'With Selected:' box I select 'Change Status to: Order Complete' and leave 'then' set to 'Do Nothing'.

I click on Go and there is a delay and then the screen refreshes and the list goes back to page 1.

When I scroll through to the changed orders, they are still showing their original status.

When the list is given back to you, did you get the banner at the top that says "Order Statuses were updated."

I have not yet checked, but when an order goes to Completed, there should be an email sent to the customer.

Also, remind us of the exact version of CC5 you are running.

Are you entering anything in the Search Orders tab, then, without first clicking Search and getting a new list of orders, also selecting some orders and then clicking "Go"?

Before clicking Go, please verify that the Search Orders tab is empty.

And what is the exact version of CC5 you are running?

There have been a number of changes in the code between CC527 and CC528 with respect to CubeCart "moving" the Search parameters from POST to GET.

Allow me to suggest that you download the CC528 package, then replace just the /admin/sources/orders.index.inc.php file in your CC527 installation.

I am thinking that, somehow, the search parameters are not getting cleared. CubeCart will process and return a search, and if so, everything else is ignored.

Done that, and it still isn't working.

I have just created a dummy order with me as the customer, set the status to processing (from the order summary screen), and then gone back to the orders overview list, ticked the order and tried the update to complete and I get the same results. I did not receive the email, so it isn't getting as far as the send email routine.

Do you still get the "Orders have been found that match your search criteria." banner?

Every time an order changes status, an entry is made in the CubeCart_order_history database table. When you bring up any order for review or editing, look at the History tab. Are there any lines that show activity?

The next thing I would like for to do, is to use a database utility such as phpMyAdmin (typically available from your host account's control panel) and look at the table CubeCart_order_summary. Find the order that you just made. Determine the status of that order as shown in the 'status' column. (Processing is 2, Completed is 3.)

History only shows 'Awaiting Payment' when I created the order (which was an aborted PayPal order), and 'Awaiting Shipping' when I changed it in the order summary screen. (I have changed the text in the language screen from Processing to Awaiting Shipping).

Status in phpMyAdmin is 2.

Do you still get the "Orders have been found that match your search criteria." banner?

I had a recent experience with CC528 (or maybe CC527 -- I have so many installations) where I was updating the Homepage document. The document wasn't updating.

It actually had updated, but something didn't get triggered. I'm still working through what happened with that.

What was happening, CubeCart received the change in the document's contents. The database class sends the data to the database.

The database says, "There is actually no difference between what you just gave me and what I have now." (I was making the same edits over and over, trying to get the new content to show.)

So the database returns a "No records updated" message. Cubecart sees this and determines that the SQL cache does not need clearing. After all, nothing updated, so use what's in the cache.

It was a "catch-22". I finally went to Maintenance, Rebuild tab, and forcibly cleared the SQL cache.

Do you have the ability to view the traffic the browser is sending and receiving? If that question makes sense to you, then perhaps you do have a browser "network" viewer.

I would want you to view the data getting sent out by the browser in POST and GET.

I still get the "Orders have been found that match your search criteria." banner.

I have a network monitor, but it doesn't give that much detail, only which applications are generating traffic, but not exactly what that traffic is..

If you can point me at a free one I am happy to install it.

Internet Explorer 8+ has a 'F12' feature -- when viewing a web site, press F12 on the keyboard.

Firefox has a Tools, Web Developer, Network feature -- Ctrl-Shft-Q,

Chrome has something similar.

Firefox also has a free add-on: Firebug. Firebug is really nice.

Still getting that 'search criteria' banner is confusing. Along the right edge of the admin screens is a green bar that slides out when you click (was hover) on it. Anything in there?

I am using Firefox

QUERY STRING

_g:"orders"
multi-order[0]:"140308-151651-4884"
multi-status:"3"
multi-action:""
go:"Go"
search[order_number]:""
search[search_customer_id]:""
search[status]:""
search[date][from]:""
search[date][to]:""
token:"7cc3c818c98e4f672c6f353bd31543dc"

REQUEST PAYLOAD

Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------17302656831615
Content-Length: 1137

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="multi-order[]"

140308-151651-4884
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="multi-status"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="multi-action"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="go"

Go
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="search[order_number]"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="search[search_customer_id]"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="search[status]"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="search[date][from]"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="search[date][to]"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="token"

2b25568195426a5f81b4b04a6ddf971a
-----------------------------17302656831615--

Let's try this:

In the file /admin/sources/orders.index.inc.php (I believe you are now using the CC528 version of this file), make this edit at lines 7-9:

Was:
if(isset($_POST['search'])) {
    httpredir('?_g=orders&'.http_build_query($_POST));
}

Now:
if(isset($_POST['search'])) { foreach($_POST['search'] as $search_element) {
    if($search_element !== '' || $search_element['from'] !== '' || $search_element['to'] !== '') httpredir('?_g=orders&'.http_build_query($_POST)); }
}

Hmm.. Maybe that won't work as I had hoped.

I'm just seeing this as the problem:

httpredir('?_g=orders&'.http_build_query($_POST));
}

$_POST['search'] is set. And it's not empty -- it has elements with empty values, but for an array, that's not "empty". So it all comes back as a querystring.

Let's try:

$_GET['search'] = $_POST['search']; unset($_POST['search']);
}