SEO - Duplicate Meta data

bwtechno

Hi All,

Trying to refine our site, and looking at data from Google Webmaster tools.

We are getting duplicate messages, and it looks like CubeCart is somehow holding onto the old url, after we have changed this by editing the SEO url of the product.

For instance:

Product code: 1059131, has the SEO url of "breitling-watches/breitling-airwolf-professional-a78363"

Google reports duplicate META for two different URL's, and I assume one is the original? Does CC hold this somewhere without doing a 301? I have checked Sitemap, and it only appears for the correct URL:

/breitling-watches/breitling-airwolf-professional-a78363.html
/breitling/breitling-airwolf-professional-a78363.html

The site is parkersjewellers.co.uk

Thanks

Simon :rolly:

I will say that for a product's SEO meta-phrases, no. Those phrases are in the CubeCart_inventory database table and "most likely" will update when you make changes.

However, the list of categories (the HTML of the Shop by Category navigation box) seems to be aggressively cached, such that many types of changes here do not appear until the admin forcibly clears the cache.

The difference between the two path examples you gave is the SEO phrase of a category. The longer one works, the shorter one does not.

I would also say that if your sitemap that was submitted to Google has the one and only (correct) URL, I might be inclined to think it is Google that is erroneously keeping obsolete URLs.