Changes in product image display after 5.2.10 upgrade

jvbh

I recently upgraded a CubeCart site to 5.2.10, and noticed that after upgrading, the space where a product image would go is displaying differently on different browsers. My client isn't using product images; before, this wasn't a problem, as each item displayed as simply the "titile" text. After the most recent update, however, I'm seeing a grey rectangle in Chrome and Safari, and my client is seeing the title of each item twice in Firefox — I'm guessing this must be the image alt text displaying. 

Here's the site: http://www.heyday-mo.com/catalog/

I checked the system error log, and there are two errors listed from the time of the update: 

File: [database.class.php] Line: [440] "DROP TABLE `cc_CubeCart_openid_association` " - Unknown table 'cc_CubeCart_openid_association'

and 

File: [database.class.php] Line: [440] "DROP TABLE `cc_CubeCart_openid_nonce` " - Unknown table 'cc_CubeCart_openid_nonce'

I reinstalled the update, but no changes to appearance. Is there a reason the image display would have changed with the 5.2.10 update? Does this have to do with the error? Everything else seems to be functioning correctly. Any way to "turn off" the grey boxes and/or alt text?

Thanks!

The skin code looks like it is a CC3/4 style. But I also see parts of CC5 skin code.

Yes, Firefox could very well be showing the "title" attribute, or possibly the "alt" attribute. By editing the skin code, you can remove the {$placeholders} that get replaced with the product name.

CubeCart will deliver a "No Photo Available" medium-grey image - and it's an actual image - for any image that CubeCart can't find an image associated with a product. But I think the grey rectangle you mention is  something that the browser is doing.

The errors can be ignored -- apparently the version of CubeCart you upgraded from did not have these tables to begin with.