Amendments to V5

bwtechno

Hi All,

I am looking at modifying/extending V5 for a specific client. They have a process where they need to book stock out on approval to trade customers. For all the stock we hold 99% of it is a one off (i.e only ever 1 in stock).

I could do this by selling the stock to a trade customer account and then updating the stock if it is not purchased eventually by the customer.

The issue is that the item is to remain in stock and displayed on site even when it is sent on approval as in a lot of cases it returns without being purchased.

So,

I am thinking that to make this work, I would need to add a new 'order status' of 'on approval' and to then alter the order creation routine so it doesn't down-date the stock quantity for this type of order. 

Can anyone see any pit falls in this, or has anyone done anything similar?

Thanks

Simon

You are using phrases I am not familiar with:

"they need to book stock out on approval to trade customers"

What is 'book stock out'?

"doesn't down-date the stock quantity"

What is 'down-date'?

"The item is to remain in stock and displayed on site even when it is [not] purchased."

In Store Settings, Stock tab, CubeCart can be told when to reduce the stock levels. From your scenario, it seems Pending would be appropriate. Plus, disable "Hide out-of-stock product" will keep the item visible in the store's listings.

One other setting to note: on the Features tab, "Time (in seconds) before expiring pending orders". If you wish for a positive rejection, then leave this setting blank and, when you receive the "No Thanks" response, manually set the order to Cancelled. If you wish for a 'respond in seven days, else no sale', you can set 604800 seconds in this field.

There are other store owners who have had additional Order Status options installed.