Making the jpegs bigger in category view?

jboras

We are trying to make the jpeg photos a little bigger when viewing categories.

We have tried the below code:

#subcategories > div.subcategory {
display: inline-block;
height: 120px;
text-align: center;
vertical-align: top;
width: 80px;

When we increase the width value it stretches out the text but the jpegs stay the same size.

Could anyone please tell us which value we need to change or add to make the jpegs larger as well?

When the admin uploads an image for a product, CubeCart will record this information, but will not use that actual image on the storefront.

What happens is, CubeCart will determine the current skin being used on the storefront - Kurouto, for example. Cubecart then looks at the file config.xml in the skin folder.

It is here that the dimensions of 'rendered' images, based from the source image, are created and saved in the /images/cache/ folder. The specifications for each of the various rendered image's "purpose" determines it's size. The size is the number of pixels on its longest side.

So, if you want to change the size of the images used for the subcategories, it is in the config.xml file that you will do it. CubeCart will automatically render an appropriate image, and put it in the cache, having the specified new size.

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

Sorry to pounce on an old thread but I was trying this out with no success. Can you confirm something? When you say that " CubeCart will automatically render an appropriate image, and put it in the cache, having the specified new size. " Does this mean that If I refresh my web page I should see the results change automatically or do i have to upload the image again?

Is there a way to add this easily to the default css? I use Foundation

Thank you

There needs to be an addition step to this procedure.

When CubeCart is told to use a particular skin (Foundation, for example), a check is made to see if info about the skin is in the "cache". If so, CubeCart uses that info. If not, CubeCart interprets the information in the skin's config.xml file and then caches that info.

So, if any changes are made to the contents of the config.xml file or to any template code, the admin must "clear the cache". (Admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab.)

However, the skin template design itself may be scaling the size of the image downwards to fit the space allotted. This allotment may actually change as the width of the browser window changes.

There are several aspects to work with in regards to the Foundation skin and how it treats images (which is globally) in the layout.