Unable to Backup

svrabel

I've been unable to backup recently, and I think it has to do with my database size. I've increased the PHP memory allocation to 512M, but I'm still getting the following error when I try to backup. I end up with a blank page and no database backup created. I can do a full backup of files for the store. The error below appears in my log file.

PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 177471488) (tried to allocate 27532811 bytes) in /home/.../classes/db/database.class.php on line 639

This is not right. I cannot imagine any CubeCart store requiring 177MB for a database.

Would you please go to admin, Maintenance, Database tab, and check the Size column for tables that are exceedingly large.

You may need to use a database utility, such as phpMyAdmin available in your hosting account control panel, to make the backup.

Did phpMyAdmin compress the database backup? (filename ends in .gz)

An order_summary at 7900 records? That is a whole lot of history. I would make a guess that 90% of that history can be archived. On the other hand, if all 7900 orders represents a few recent fiscal years -- congrats!

The file from phpMyAdmin was not compressed. I may have missed that setting when I was setting up the backup.

The store has only been open since December 2012, so thank you. If I want to maintain the ability to reset customer's download links, would I need to maintain that order history?

"If I want to maintain the ability to reset customer's download links, would I need to maintain that order history?"

Excellent question!

The resetting is applied without verification that a Completed order for that digital item actually exists. On the other hand, if the Order Summary cannot be shown in admin, there will be no direct means available to the admin to reset the link.

The question seems to suggest that you wish to have some form of control over why a customer may be awarded with a reset download. Otherwise, store settings for downloads can be made to give unlimited downloads and no expiration.

However, when the customer clicks the download link, checks are made to verify that the order is paid for, and therefore the order_summary must exist.