CubeCart v6 Questions

Big Spender

Hi,

Other than reading Al's post announcing v6 I haven't seen anything further about it.

I have a few questions as I am currently developing a few v5 skins and want to ensure functionality is carried over: -

1. Any estimated date? Are we talking a 2015 release?

2. Is there any preview of any of the template code?

3. Will the functionality from the current v5 templates e.g. the template hooks, loops, etc work on v6?

4. Is the foundation responsive framework being used purely for the default v6 skin? I take it this doesn't effect anyone not wanting to use that framework to build their own responsive skin?

1. Any estimated date? Are we talking a 2015 release?

Aiming for January 5th public Beta which is our 10th Birthday (as a private company).

2. Is there any preview of any of the template code?

Not until Jan 5th

3. Will the functionality from the current v5 templates e.g. the template hooks, loops, etc work on v6?

Yes it will be 100% backward compatible

4. Is the foundation responsive framework being used purely for the default v6 skin? I take it this doesn't effect anyone not wanting to use that framework to build their own responsive skin?

Yes only the default skin. Your existing v5 skins will work. 

Thanks for the information.

The concern with the last point was that the base and standard Foundation framework includes its own javascript, would that be included at skin level rather than across cubecart's common javascripts? Or will the foundation javascript be used system wide?