Call to undefined function json_decode()

BradScott

As of today whenever I try to access the admin or store pages I get the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /home/cultist/public_html/store/classes/config.class.php on line 29

I have tried a quick google seach and found similar errors people were having in the past with older versions of php but nothing recent.

anyone know how I with no real knowledge when it comes to coding can fix this?

Welcome BradScott! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I have looked at a number of versions of CubeCart and did not find any version may have a call to json_decode() on line 29.

So, please let us know exactly what version of CubeCart you are using, and the exact version of PHP your site is running.

In your hosting account's control panel (cPanel?), you should find a means to determine the version of PHP. Also, you will have a small utility that let's you explore the files on your site. Find the ini.inc.php file, and have the utility start a text editor to open it. About halfway down you will find a statement that states the CubeCart version.

So, other than the "on line 29" part (which no version of CC5 has, unless for some obscure reason, all the comments were stripped out of the file), you should also contact your hosting company and ask if your site has had a new version of PHP installed/updated. It seems that the json() family of functions is an optional build-time parameter.