Store down for 3 days - can anyone help?

ecuyetx

I have a store which has been happily up and running for a few years now.

I recently set up a subdomain with 1 and 1 and they installed wordpress but put it at the primary domain level.

I deleted to the wordpress install, but the install had redirected the website destination to a different directory.

I have amended the website directory back to the original destination but although I can see the homepage for the site when I try to access the store I get a completely blank page.

I am now at my wits end trying to resolve this and 1 and 1 are not being helpful.

I asked them to restore from a back up, and all they did was set up a directory of the old htdocs and then asked me to go from there.

We set to website files destination to this folder but I am still having the exact some problem.

The only thing I can find that looks odd is that the php-ini file is pointing to a Zendoptimizer.so file which does not exist.

I have looked through my source files etc. and there does not appear to be a zendoptimizer.so file in there either.

I cannot help thinking it might be to do with the database and that the website is maybe not pointing to the right database now but I have no idea where that information would be held.

If anyone is able to help and maybe speak to me on the phone I would be very grateful.

Regards

Tony E.  

I am recalling a similar scenario from a year or two back:

The Wordpress installation made changes to a file named .htaccess. Have the cPanel's file manager (or FTP) find and delete it.

The connection data is in a file named /includes/global.inc.php.

If CubeCart can't find it, the Setup process should automatically start.

The line in the PHP.INI file should be pointing to an extension that sits in a part of the server only the server administration has permission to see. You can ignore that as a possibility of why you get a blank page.

When you deleted Wordpress, there may still be some files you missed -- especially index.html.

bsmither,

Thanks for the very quick response to the problem.

The problem seems to have been partially fixed and I can now get the front page of the store front.

This was solved by 1 and 1 and they are telling me it is because I was using the wrong version of PHP. But this sounds odd as I assumed they had control over the version of PHP I used not me?

Anyway, I can now get to the store entrance and I can click through to the "featured product" and any of the "latest products" but when I click on any of the "Product categories" it does not work.

When I first had the problem they said they would restore my files from a back up. But what they did was create another directory called "oldhtdocs" and put all the folders and files in there.

Originally they used a control panel option to redirect the site to that folder. Now that they have resolved the issue through amending the PHP version it is now directed to the root.

However, the URL that is being used when you click on  any of the "Shop by Category" links is the "oldhtdocs" folder rather than the root directory.

Do you know where the URL information for the drop down category menus is driven from? Is this also related to htaccess?

Do you think it is worth me deleting that htaccess file?

I have looked in global.inc.php and it contains the correct url at the bottom for the store.

Regards

Tony E.

The "Shop by Category" contents is built at an odd place in the CubeCart v5 code. In fact, it is "pre-built" and includes the store address, and the generated list is cached.

So, in admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, please check the box to Clear the Cache and click Submit.

That should force CubeCart v5 to rebuild the list using the current store address.