mobile skin - how to remove "store settings section"

Ms Holly

I have just upgraded to 5.2.16 and my mobile skin (green) is now showing a section down the bottom if the screen after the mailing list  "store settings" with a blank box underneath it.

What can I do to remove this?

my website is notanotherbabyshop . com

Thanks in advance

Holly

That code is in the template file main.php, and is (badly) named for an area that displays the choices for the customer to choose an alternate currency and an alternate language.

So, it seems your store has only one currency enabled and only one language enabled, which probably means these selectors are not displayed (why show a selector with only one choice?). But the layout still has the area for those selectors.

Using a programmer's text editor, make these edits, near line 45:

Was:
{if isset($SECTION_NAME) && ($SECTION_NAME == "home")}
{$MAIL_LIST}
<h2>Store Settings</h2>
<fieldset>{$CURRENCY}{$LANGUAGE}</fieldset>{/if}

Now:
{if isset($SECTION_NAME) && ($SECTION_NAME == "home")}
{$MAIL_LIST}{if $CURRENCY || $LANGUAGE}
<h2>Store Settings</h2>
<fieldset>{$CURRENCY}{$LANGUAGE}</fieldset>{/if}
{/if}

This adds a test such that if there is either selector, show the area and the selector.

Oh, and I find the name of your store quite humorous! Love it!

A blank screen means there is a syntax error that Smarty does not like. Unfortunately, the Mobile skin will not show the DEBUG info, so finding the cause of Smarty's distress will be very difficult.

I ask that you double-check the edit. If still a problem, attach your main.php file to a reply and we will look at it.

That's odd: I do not find the code that displays the DEBUG section, but my Mobile skin is showing the DEBUG.

That's because DEBUG is the Smarty debugging console, not the CubeCart debug area.

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced, enable Debug mode and enter your IP address in the adjacent field (www.whatismyip.com).

Hopefully, if/when Smarty complains, we will see the complaint.