Per item shipping rule

annie9129

Currently our shop works with a per category shipping method, where a standard charge applies per shipment for different categories. There are some items in these categories however that do not cost as much to ship when ordered individually so we would therefore like to have a different shipping cost for these items within the category. For example:

Category 1 has 10 items in - Category shipping cost per shipment is £6.50

1 item within this category though when ordered on its own, only costs £3.50 each to ship. If a customer orders just one of these then we would like to charge them £3.50 (if they order more then the shipping charge will once again be £6.50).

I hope I've explained this right! Any suggestions would be great!

• 4 months later...

To answer your question, I have not looked at the AIOS module to verify, but I think the AIOS module does not accept rates on a per category basis.

As such, you can set up AIOS rates based on weights.

Then, for the items in the target category(s), set those product's weights to zero.

The essential problem, however, is that CubeCart treats the Ship by Category as a distinct and separate shipping method, and will appear in the list of shipping options alongside any options provided by the AIOS module.

They are not summed together.