How do I do this? - options for products...

rowdyplace

Built a cube cart store in 2005 for a client.  Now, almost 10 years later I get to do it again.  My first comment is "WOW, this is nice!!!" (CC V6)

I am up and running version 6.0.5 and adding product.  I cannot figure out how to set a product up with "options".  Example:  One product has a choice of 4 foot nets and also 8 foot nets.  Naturally, there is a price difference. I want the one product listing to have the choice available for the buyer to select.  I have chased my tail all day to no success.

If this is not the correct place to ask, "tell me where to go"...

Thanks in advance!

In admin, Product Options, Option Groups tab, Add New Group: give it a name (Net Size), some kind of description, choose drop-down for now, and make it required. Save.

Back at Product Options, Options Attributes tab, see "Net Size" in the drop-down selector. Add an attribute (Four Foot), click the white plus in green circle. Add an attribute (Eight Foot), click the white plus in green circle. Save.

In admin, Products, open a product for editing. On the Options tab, you now see a Product Options table with nothing in it. Below that table, Add New Option, choose Net Size: Four Foot. Enter a price differential (how much extra it costs above the product base price). Enter a total weight (I think). Click the white plus in green circle. Do the same for Net Size: Eight Foot. Save.

Observe that product on the storefront.