Checkout Process Issues

annie9129

Hi everyone,

Having some problems with our checkout recently which has also resulted in our adwords tracking tag not recieving any data - nothing has changed coding wise or anything, this is the process I follow:

1)      Log in to customer account successfully.

2)      Added product to basket and proceeded to checkout.

3)      Clicked ‘Secure Checkout’ and was transferred to PayPal payment page. Given two options either to log in to PayPal account, or checkout as guest.

4)      Clicked checkout as guest and entered details in then clicked make payment.

5)      Then was transferred back to basket and along the top in a green bar was a message along the lines of ‘click make payment to complete your order’ where the ‘secure checkout’ button now says ‘make payment’

6)      Clicked on ‘make payment’

7)      Then was transferred to blank white screen with no confirmation with a generic index/complete url rather than one that has generated a unique order complete url.

1)      After a minute or so, I clicked the back button on browser and was returned to an incomplete shopping basket, still showing 'secure checkout' as if I had gone back to the start however along the top was the big green bar confirming that payment had been received and order processing etc.

As I said, we haven’t changed anything with the checkout but it looks like something is going wrong when the ‘make payment’ button is clicked – rather than going through to the correct completed order confirmation page with the unique customer order url, it stops at the one prior to me pressing the back button and then goes to an incomplete basket page? 

Any Ideas? 

Hi

You dont say what version of CubeCart you are using or whether you are using the PayPal Pro module / plugin or the PayPal gateway.  Your process also sounds a little confused as step 1 says you login into a customer account successfully but steps 3 and 4 refer to guest checkout.

Have you checked the CubeCart and php error logs for any information ?  Have you tried enabling another payment gateway to see if you get the same results and have you checked the PayPal settings you are using to ensure they are correct.  You could also re-upload the PayPal plugin / gateway module from the latest version of the major CubeCart version you are using to see if that fixes it

Ian

As Ian has pointed out there seems to be some steps out of order which seems odd, but if your checkout process and adwords functionality are both misbehaving ensure that your adwords conversion tag is following the structure from https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021?hl=en and that the script is correctly closed off, you can use the chrome extension to check the live implementation https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk . If in any further doubt the conversion tag code should be visible in adwords under tools -> conversions.