Create Temp Landing Page?

rowdyplace

Transitioning a customer from an old site (non CC)  to CC6 and want to announce this as the opening page.  I want to be able to "Click-Here" to go to the CC site.

Is there an easy to do this?  When I name the landing page index.html, and rename CC^'s index.php to 2index.php, all seems to work - but navatition inside CC^ results in 404 errors...

I need a little help from my friends...

Edited by rowdyplace

It is somewhat difficult to rename index.php. There are two possible solutions to this:

1. In the web server configuration (possibly you can do this with the hosting account's control panel), re-order the priority that unspecified documents get sent. That is, for a general www.store.com URL, the web server needs to know what document to send: index.html, index.php, default.htm, default.prl, whatever. It is the order of this list that the web server will make its choice of what to send. But this may get you the landing page when you don't expect it.

2. In CubeCart's .htaccess file, the rewrite rule specifically has index.php. Change that to match the actual file name. But this is no guarantee that this will work, either.

3. On the third hand, there is: https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/age-verification-splash-screen

I have no idea if it can be used a general "You shall not pass! Unless you click here."

bsmither, you are my new BFF!!  Your solutions seem a little over my "paygrade" so I am taking the cowards way out - edit the CC6 front page slide show to communicate my messages to the masses.

I appreciate your assistance very much!!

Thank you!