FedEx shipping module-

I understand the unique account data required by the first 4 line items.  But, what is the purpose of the last 6 in this list?

Account Number 
Account Password 
Account Key 
Meter Number 
Packaging Weight 
Packaging Length  (Inches)
Packaging Width  (Inches)
Packaging Height  (Inches)
Handling Cost 
Tax Type

Are they mandatory fields?  My customer ships many packages each day of various size and weight.  Tax is based on a per state basis...

The packaging weight is used only by CubeCart and is summed into the total weight of the items to be shipped. (There may be a mod available that figures out how to ship in multiple boxes. Check the Marketplace.) Generally, the weight of the box does not contribute a significant amount to the overall weight. Enter 1.0.

The dimensions are a conundrum. Yes, FedEx may require them, and if there is no consistency, what would you enter here. (I think Amazon has, maybe, five standard size boxes. A small box of crayons ships in the same size box as a 20-count pack of tubesocks.) I think, however, FedEx only wants to make sure no one side exceeds a limit, and that the sum of all sides do not exceed a limit. Rates are based strictly on weight/distance. So, choose some arbitrary average sized box used and enter the dimensions here.

The handling cost is any additional cost incurred by you to get the box to the shipper. This may be the gas/time to drive to the neighborhood FedEx office, a surcharge for a pickup, etc. Enter 0 if there are no additional costs for handling.

Some taxing authorities require collecting taxes on shipping. Some require paying taxes on any shipping charges collected from the customer that exceeds the actual charges incurred. ($10.00 shipping and handling for a $7.75 actual charge - $2.25 is considered profit and will be taxed.) Some have no requirements to tax shipping. But this is a tax on the amount you collect for the shipping charges, and could be considered part of your income earned in your home territory. The sales tax you collect based on the prices of your inventory is considered a tax payable to the foreign territory (if legally required to do so, of the customer's address).

In your Tax Rules (admin, Taxes, Tax Rules tab), you specify what rule gets applied to either Goods or Shipping, or Both. Choose the most appropriate means of taxing the shipping charges.