addthis plugin

verhoejw

Right now mine is working properly. I'm not sure if this is why or not, but I have this in main.php:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset={$CHARACTER_SET}">
      <meta name="description" content="{if isset($META_DESCRIPTION)}{$META_DESCRIPTION}{/if}">
      <meta name="keywords" content="{if isset($META_KEYWORDS)}{$META_KEYWORDS}{/if}">
      <meta name="robots" content="index, follow">
      <meta name="generator" content="cubecart">
      {if $FBOG}
     <meta property="og:image" content="{$image.source}">
      <meta property="og:url" content="{$VAL_SELF}">
   <!--  <meta property="og:image" content="https://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/images/source/barn600x600.JPG"> -->
      {/if}

no, you did get it right, i get the wrong product photo ( fb profile photo ) with  the text from the cc meta description  in settings. However when i go to my site and click on the fb icon near the product it shows the right photo ( the product photo ) but it post the profile photo.

The same happens when i copy and paste the code from the addthis website directly in the right pages. ( addthis plugin disabled then ).

haha it even gets wierder, when i click the fb icon on your site at this item 1950s FIRE KING White 8.5 in Mixing Bowl NM, it posts the image from the sitelock ( top left of ur site ) with it.

Edited by verhoejw

• 4 weeks later...

Is this the corect code for the url?

<meta property="og:url" content="{$VAL_SELF}">

Is there any other code that specifies the exact url from which you want a photo to share on fb. Becaus when i use fb debug tool and enter a url where the photo i want to share is on it shares the correct image