RESOLVED Shipping issues...

Paleo

When I do a test checkout, I get:

Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries. 

I have the usps module activated, I have a username added,  my items have weight, what else do I need?

I do NOT have packaging sizes set, because almost every shipment will be different sizes. I just want a rough shipping estimate according to weight.

Edited by Paleo

Welcome Paleo! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The USPS module logs the reate request and response in the admin's Request Log.

Please look at the Response to see what services were received or if there were any error messages.

Even though every shipment will be different in size, it is my belief that the USPS API is asking for dimensions just to make sure it is not too big -- not because there will be a different rate based on size. So, choose your average sized box, perhaps 15x10x10, and go with that.

The USPS will send to you by email a separate API username. Please do not use the username or password you created that is used to log in to your USPS Merchant's Account at the USPS web site.

You say you signed up for a Business Account? Ok, I think that's good. But make sure you have signed up for a WEB API account.

The email will contain instructions on testing your installation (of CubeCart) against the USPS Rate Request API. When you are satisfied that the code is good (CubeCart's USPS module's code is "good"), you will send an email back to USPS requesting your API Access account be moved to the API's "production server". Instructions on how to do that is in the email USPS sends you.

• 2 months later...

I don't see any errors in the requests, I can see all the price quotes for the difference services offered.  I"ll post the response here:

I have xxxxx's out my postal id code

Request Sent - http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/<eparcel> <language>en</language> <ratesAndServicesRequest> <merchantCPCID>xxxxxxxxxx</merchantCPCID> <fromPostalCode>K9V4R1</fromPostalCode> <itemsPrice>92.90</itemsPrice> <lineItems> <item> <quantity>1</quantity> <weight>4.5</weight> <length>2</length> <width>15</width> <height>15</height> <description>Online Order</description> </item> </lineItems> <city>Gray</city> <provOrState>Georgia</provOrState> <country>US</country> <postalCode>31032-3520</postalCode> </ratesAndServicesRequest> </eparcel>
Response received<?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE eparcel [ <!-- EVERY REQUEST CONTAIN THE eparcel TAG --> <!ELEMENT eparcel (ratesAndServicesResponse)> <!-- ********************************************************* --> <!-- * Standard response for request for rates and services * --> <!-- ********************************************************* --> <!ELEMENT ratesAndServicesResponse (statusCode, statusMessage+, requestID, handling, language, product+, packing*, emptySpace*, shippingOptions, comment, nearestPostalOutlet*)> <!ELEMENT statusCode (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT statusMessage (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT requestID (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT handling (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT language (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT product (name, rate, shippingDate, deliveryDate, deliveryDayOfWeek, nextDayAM?, packingID)> <!ATTLIST product id CDATA #REQUIRED sequence CDATA #REQUIRED > <!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT rate (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT shippingDate (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT deliveryDate (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT deliveryDayOfWeek (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT nextDayAM (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT packingID (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT packing (packingID, box+)> <!ELEMENT box (name, weight, expediterWeight, length, width, height, packedItem+)> <!ELEMENT weight (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT expediterWeight (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT length (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT width (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT height (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT packedItem (quantity, description)> <!ELEMENT quantity (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT description (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT emptySpace (length, width, height, weight)> <!ELEMENT shippingOptions (insurance, deliveryConfirmation, signature, flexiblePaymentAvailable?)> <!ELEMENT insurance (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT deliveryConfirmation (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT signature (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT flexiblePaymentAvailable EMPTY> <!ELEMENT comment (#PCDATA)> <!-- ********************************************************* --> <!-- * 'nearestPostalOutlet' is optional and is returned * --> <!-- * only if the merchant profile has this option enabled * --> <!-- ********************************************************* --> <!ELEMENT nearestPostalOutlet (postalOutletSequenceNo, distance, outletName, businessName, postalAddress, phoneNumber, businessHours+)> <!ELEMENT postalOutletSequenceNo (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT distance (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT outletName (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT businessName (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT postalAddress (addressLine+, postalCode, municipality, province?)> <!ELEMENT addressLine (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT postalCode (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT municipality (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT province (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT phoneNumber (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT businessHours (dayId, dayOfWeek, time)> <!ELEMENT dayId (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT dayOfWeek (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT time (#PCDATA)> ]> <eparcel> <ratesAndServicesResponse> <statusCode>1</statusCode> <statusMessage>OK</statusMessage> <requestID>3297254</requestID> <handling>3.0</handling> <language>0</language> <product id="2030" sequence="1"> <name>Xpresspost USA</name> <rate>48.15</rate> <shippingDate>2016-02-22</shippingDate> <deliveryDate>2016-02-26</deliveryDate> <deliveryDayOfWeek>6</deliveryDayOfWeek> <nextDayAM>false</nextDayAM> <packingID>P_0</packingID> </product> <product id="2020" sequence="2"> <name>Expedited US Business</name> <rate>30.67</rate> <shippingDate>2016-02-22</shippingDate> <deliveryDate>2016-02-26</deliveryDate> <deliveryDayOfWeek>6</deliveryDayOfWeek> <nextDayAM>false</nextDayAM> <packingID>P_0</packingID> </product> <packing> <packingID>P_0</packingID> <box> <name>Dummy Box - Change or Delete me.</name> <weight>5.0</weight> <expediterWeight>5.0</expediterWeight> <length>25.0</length> <width>20.0</width> <height>20.0</height> <packedItem> <quantity>1</quantity> <description>Online Order</description> </packedItem> </box> </packing> <shippingOptions> <insurance>No</insurance> <deliveryConfirmation>Yes</deliveryConfirmation> <signature>No</signature> </shippingOptions> <comment>* For major centres only. Add 1 to 3 business days for other destinations.</comment> </ratesAndServicesResponse> </eparcel> <!--END_OF_EPARCEL-->

The Response gives you these shipping products:

id=2030, name="Xpresspost USA" ("Xpress Post USA")

id=2020, name="Expedited US Business" ("Expedited US Business Contract")

In the Canada_Post settings page, there are four domestic services, seven USA services, and seven International services.

Please verify that you have either of these two services enabled.