Digital downloads & Diasble customer login

Trpleman

I'm setting up a shop for my product which will be sent as a digital download.Two questions I have.

1. Is there any clear documentation on how digital downloads work, for instance how I can limit the number of downloads per purchase

2. Is there anyway I can disable the customer login before they can purchase? I really don't need to know their details and it's a bother for them to fill in just to spend a few euros.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Trpleman! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

1. There is no "clear" documentation for any of CubeCart. There is a lot of information, but it's not organized. This conversation has some interesting info.

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/48371-digital-download-locations/

2. I think there is not a way to disable CubeCart's feature of having a customer create an account. Please consider this: in past versions of CC6, it was impossible for a "ghost" customer to place an order more than once. When an email address got into the database, it was very difficult for a second "ghost" order to be placed using the same email address. I am not sure that has been fixed. (If all you have is one! product, then maybe that is not an issue for your customers.) A "ghost" is a customer who went through the checkout without having created a full account.

What has been done is to remove the link to "Login/Register" and remove the checkbox "I wish to create an account" on the checkout page.

4 hours ago, bsmither said:

Welcome Trpleman! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

1. There is no "clear" documentation for any of CubeCart. There is a lot of information, but it's not organized. This conversation has some interesting info.

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/48371-digital-download-locations/

2. I think there is not a way to disable CubeCart's feature of having a customer create an account. Please consider this: in past versions of CC6, it was impossible for a "ghost" customer to place an order more than once. When an email address got into the database, it was very difficult for a second "ghost" order to be placed using the same email address. I am not sure that has been fixed. (If all you have is one! product, then maybe that is not an issue for your customers.) A "ghost" is a customer who went through the checkout without having created a full account.

What has been done is to remove the link to "Login/Register" and remove the checkbox "I wish to create an account" on the checkout page.

Many thanks for that, I'll have a look through!