Random Taxes Wrong

keat

I've just been shown this order today where the subtotal is incorrect on the email confirmation.

If you look at this, the subtotal and tax is correct, but the order total is wrong.

Order total should be £98.40.

The customer has paid £98.40, the order in the cart side shows £98.40, but the emailed order confirmation shows £114.80, which incidentally is the tax portion twice.

Odd thing is, this appears to be random,  orders either side of this appears to be correct.

I'm still trying to determine when this started, I suspect, I has something to do with the email templates.

taxes.jpg

It seems to be related to PayPal Express checkout, but any ideas why ?

I assume the way the customer leaves my site, logs in with PayPal and then comes back to my site to complete the order, is doing something with the email confirmation. (i'm configured to notify at the pending stage)

The totals in the database and on Paypal are correct.

In the short term, I've disabled PP Express

Here's another one, and it seems that it's not limited to PayPal Express, as this one was Paypoint.

Image 1 is taken from order_summary

Image 2 is taken from the cart orders

Image 3 is taken from the email confirmation.

Image 4 is the payment from PayPoint.

I'm struggling to find a pattern

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Not that it's any help, but I just spoke to the PayPoint customer, and he did initially try to pay with PayPal Express and had difficulties so made his payment through PayPoint. So I guess at this stage, it could still be related to something that PP Exress is trying to do.

He also told me that he hasn't received his store confirmation.

Absolutely pulling my hair out here trying to figure this out.

One thing I have noticed is some discrepancy with a few zones.

For instance one guy has typo'd so the county isn't recognised and defaulted to the first county in the list. (Aberdeenshire). But when I look on PayPoint, his county must have not been passed over, as it's blank

Similarly, one customer must be an old customer, where he's previously abreviated his county, CubeCart doesn't recognise this, so agian it's defaulted to (Aberdeenshire), yet on the PayPal screen it clearly shows the abreviated county.

I have another customer, whilst he looks OK, the cart is showing him as having 2 x Billing addresses.

But then I have 3 other customers where I can see nothing wrong.

Could the cart be getting confused around the zones, in the respect that it's calculating tax twice because it doesn't know where he is ?

Although just to re-iterate, it only appears to affect the admin order confirmation email.

I'm now convinced that it is the  'PayPal Pro & Express Checkout' module.

The module was enabled on Thursday evening, the first reported incident was on Friday afternoon.

I finally disabled this module yesterday morning and havn't seen a single instance of incorrect order confirmations since.