Multiple CKEditor configurations

acsineaston

I would like to be able to allow superusers access to the full capabilities of CKEditor (the default as shipped with CubeCart), but only allow non-superuser administrators to use a very small subset of those capabilities (e.g., preset Basic).

Has anyone attempted this?

In acp.class.php  -  function SetTemplate  I added:

if(Admin::getInstance()->superUser()) {
                $GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('ADMIN_IS_SUPER', 'true');
            }

to give me an easy way to test in template products.index.php

My thought is to use the /includes/ckeditor directory to provide the CKEditor for a superuser, and another directory (/includes/ckeditor-basic) to provide the CKEditor for non-superusers. Not sure if this makes sense, or how I would go about changing the path to the correct directory.

Turns out I don't have to deal with template products.index.php at all, but rather template main.php

Changed:

<!-- Include CKEditor -->
      <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>

To:

<!-- Include CKEditor -->
      {if isset($ADMIN_IS_SUPER)}
      <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
      {else}
      <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor-basic/ckeditor.js"></script>
      {/if}
      <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>

Works like a champ!!! :D

Sorry for dropping the ball on this.

In CC6010 and earlier, CKEditor 3 is used. In CC6011, CKEditor 4 is used. From what I've seen so far, these two major versions have different approaches to declaring the toolbar set available. (But I'll have to dig deeper.)

CC6010 establishes the toolbar configuration in /includes/ckeditor/config.js (CKEditor calls for this itself).

CC6011 (I haven't found it) does not declare a toolbar set. I believe a "FULL" CKEditor 4 package is being used by CC6011. But adding a custom config should still be possible.

Installing distinct variants of CKEditor works but may have unforeseen consequences.

Just personally, I would choose custom toolbar sets. It gives me more granularity on a per-admin basis.