[Resolved] multiple images

paintman

wanted to know the way the multiple images function,for example:

we are in the paint business and sell paint online,what we sell are kits since paint products always need company like thinners, hardeners,sticks strainers etc....

so, lets see this example,

A=black paint
B=red paint
C=yellow paint and so on....
D=thinners
E=strainers
F=sticks and on....

D,E,F and others will always be part of the kit
so if we sell black paint they will always have their company.
if we sell a red the same items will be part of the red kit

and so on
if possible how can we display multiple images

thanks

Z

Welcome paintman! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

Create an image that shows all the items belonging to the kit assembled together in a group-shot.

When editing a paint product, on the Images tab, there will be one image that has a gold-start. This is the product's primary image.

You can also change the status of any other image to a checked box. These are the product's secondary images. The primary and all the secondary images will be shown to the customer.

You can make the kit company image as one of any product's secondary images.

thanks for your reply
i understand the single folder set up that will include all those secondary images.
i wanted the images to be individualy displayed like that:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Jet-black-acrylic-enamel-single-stage-gloss-restoration-auto-paint-kit-/331759677527?

i have it in one site that was done with zencart but i dont like the way they handle the images.

thanks

Z

I see an image each of:

1. complete kit contents
  2. paint
  3. a bottle of something
  4. a smaller can of something
  5. tape
  6. mixing cup
  7. misc consumables

You would create similar images and assign all of them to the product.

CubeCart will display each of the gallery image thumbnails when the mouse hovers over that individual thumbnail.

ok
do these images have the same jpg address?

the main image = sjb.jpg
additional images
do they have to have sjb.jpg_01
                                   sjb.jpg_02 etc..

or can they have diferent .jpg or do they have to follow the sjb.jpg (super jet black =jpg.)
candy apple red we denote as car.jpg (candy apple red) 
does the candy color have tobe car.jpg_01,02 etc....

that is my problem withthe other platform.

thanks 
Z

The images can be named however you want. If it helps to name them as described above, that's fine. You can also name them hash names like 45FE12BC99.jpg. How you name them is for your benefit, perhaps to manage them in some way. How you name the images makes absolutely no difference to CubeCart.

For example, the picture of the roll of tape: "roll_of_painters_tape.png", or "standard_kit_component_tape.jpg", or "scotch_50ft_masking_tape_partno_134B8.png". Again, how you name the images is only for your benefit.

excellent answer and functionality of cube cart exactly what i wanted to hear, i love it.
in a day or two ,do you think i should jump into ver 6 or ver 5,we have site in ver 3.

oh one more thing,is cube cart pci compliance? we are using authorize and paypal.

thanks

Z

I see the developers are working through coding issues - solving issues reported in the Github. This generally means the next version of CC6 will be released within a couple of weeks. I would wait to upgrade until then.

PCI-DSS Compliance is a "whole-cloth" affair. That means, the application, the server, the server management team, you, your computer, your employees, your office -- all of it. And Compliance means not only to have implemented well-defined settings and configurations designed to secure transactions, but also to have "Policies" and written "Plans of Action" on daily/weekly inspections and what to do when something amiss has been discovered.

For example: You did not disable the Flash plugin in your browser. (Flash is a well-known vector to have your computer pwned.) Your computer just leaked your FTP (or Cpanel) login/pass. Those creds were used to gain unauthorized access to your site. A backdoor was installed that monitored traffic. Credit card details were leaked.

By the simple fact that credit card details were leaked, there was a failure in security -- even if the vulnerability was not known at the time. Therefore, you are not in compliance. If you don't know what to do now, or are unable to follow your policies and plans of actions on what to do, you are, therefore, not in compliance.

A few versions back, CC5/6 was vulnerable to unauthorized access into the admin. That's been fixed.

Using Authorize SIM (not AIM), where the customer is taken to their site to make payment, mitigates much of your responsibility with respect to PCI-DSS Compliance. But not all of it.