Query to copy Title to Meta Title Worked BUT Found Bug???

Dirty Butter

I've recently discovered quite a few discrepancies between the product title and the meta_title - careless mistakes on my part, as I write all the metadata as I create the listing.

Could someone provide a query that would over-write the meta_title field with the current product listing title?

I tried this on a copy of the inventory table, and it seems to work properly.

UPDATE `CubeCart_inventoryCOPY` SET `seo_meta_title` = `name`

But I would like confirmation that running this on the actual inventory table is not going to have unintended consequences.

Since I didn't hear from anyone, I wrote Daren of SemperFiWebServices, my favorite CC developer. He agreed the query was OK, so I've used it and saved myself a whole lot of time fixing typos and other careless mistakes.

In my effort to compare the name and meta_title fields with BeyondCompare, I downloaded the CubeCart export file, deleted all but the meta_title column and did the same thing with the Google Feed export, keeping the name column.

I was shocked to find a number of duplicate entries in the CubeCart export file. I don't normally use this file, and have not made any edits to the core files that produce it. The Google Feed is accurate, with 4,417 products. The CC export file has 4,434, and I can see identical duplicates in it.

Also, the meta_description and meta_keywords are switched in the stock code.