Need to show Category Images on Home Page

Dear all,

I wish to display Category Images on Home page (Main Area) instead of products. Once User click on Category Image, he should be able to land on products ssigned to that category, is it possible ?

Actually I am not using CUBECART for eCommerce we are using it as catalog CMS.

Please advice.

Thanks

Reason behind is..

1. We have 30+ categories of our products
2. Every category has 50+ products

So if we keep just few 24-36 products on our home page remaining will be not available to display for visitor.

and secondly in this catalog, our client wishes to get info on 1 category product - so If they will click on category they can see all products covered under that category.

This is the key reason

1. I think you are saying you want all 30+ categories on the Homepage. The previously mentioned plugin should do this.

2. That is not unusual, but how does this relate to the desire of having categories on the Homepage?

"if we keep just few 24-36 products on our home page"

I think you are saying you want to display Category Images (linked to the Category page) as well as Latest Products?

"remaining will be not available to display"

I think you are saying that there will be too much content on the Homepage? What would code edits accomplish that the plugin will not to solve this?

Clicking on a Category Image provided by the plugin will (presumably) take the visitor to view the products in that category, just like the Main Menu bar at the top.