email at pending causing issues - mod required.

keat

We can't use email at processing as this relies on the payment gateway sending an instruction back to the site, occasionally this doesn't always seem to work.

We also use the 'Print Order Form' gateway, and these orders never leave 'Pending'

So we use email notification at 'Pending'.

However, this presents a challenge, as a customer can change his order after he's chosen the "Secure Checkout" button. (pending stage)

CubeCart sends an email, customer goes back and changes something, CubeCart doesn't send a second email, which then causes issues down the line for us.

Is it possible to have the cart send a new email on any subsequent "secure checkout" button press ?

or

I have asked for an option to have an email confirmation sent at the point where a customer clicks the continue button on the payment page.

I'm happy to pay for this to be done as a mod, if anyone is up for the challenge.

Let me see if I can explain the situation a little better, and maybe you’ll know whether or not anything can be done.

Cubecart sends an admin email notifying me of a customer order at one of two stages.
1.    Pending     or
2.    Processing.

We use the ‘Print Order Form’ gateway, all these orders remain in the ‘Pending’ stage.
If a customer transfers to PayPal, but decides not to pay, then the order remains in the ‘Pending’ Stage.
If a customer transfers to PayPal, makes a payment, and instantly closes his browser, then the order can remain in the ‘Pending’ stage.

If we were to configure the cart, to notify at the ‘Processing’ stage, then we’d never know about those orders.

So for obvious reasons, we have the cart configured to send the admin email at the ‘Pending’ stage, and these we receive without any issue.

However, this unfortunately has a fundamental flaw, in the respect that a customer can (and quite often will) go back and change his order.
The cart does not send another email to notify of the order change.

At the moment, it sends this only once.
Customer clicks ‘Secure Checkout’, admin email is sent.
Customer clicks back button and changes order.
Customer clicks ‘Secure Checkout’ button, no second email is sent.

So I’m looking at two possible ways to fix this.

Rewrite the code so that the cart sends an admin email every time the ‘Secure Checkout’ button is pressed.

Or

Move the email trigger, so that it’s triggered at the point where the customer has chosen his preferred gateway and clicked the button to make his payment.