is there an easy way to assign product options ?

keat

Don't ask me why, but my boss has a bee in his bonnet when it comes to part numbers.

He prefers that every item has it's own, for instance a 13 amp domestic fuse is FU1, however, he has a part number for each and every amperage.

FU1-1, FU1-3, FU1-5 etc etc etc. FU1 has about 7 permutations, then to compound this, we sell them in bags of 25, 50 100, 500 1000.

So each Fuse has multiple options, and multiple entries in the database.

I'm tasked with updating a whole lot of prices, for me to update the FU1 range of fuses will require at least 50 options entries across the range, most of which are duplicated.

and then I've FU2, 3, 4, 5 the list is endless.

If I update FU1-1's options with new prices, is there a simple way to copy this data to FU1-2, FU1-3, FU1-5 etc

Are the prices tied to the option (e.g. +$amount1 for option 1, +$amount2 for option 2, etc.), or to the matrix (e.g. FU1-1 = $price1, FU1-2 = $price2, etc.)?

If the prices are by matrix entry and you have access to price lists, you can export them to CSV and use this script to update everything at once in less than a minute or two.

If the prices are all based on the options, then I'm afraid I don't know of any way to automate that - you'll very likely have to do them all manually.

Sorry for the late reply, I've had my head in updating fuse prices.

Due to the complxities of price breaks we found that the matrix wouldn't work for us without re-writing about 75 of our products of which there are about 4500.

So we use product options, assigning a price to each multiple.