How to add a secure seal to Copyright text

Hollister

I am trying to add the secure seal from Godaddy to the 'Copyright text' in the store settings.

Its something like  (PS: Below is not the correct seal ID)

<span id="siteseal"><script async type="text/javascript" src="https://seal.godaddy.com/getSeal?sealID=0lwpmB7U1ELUSpdGka8lmjf9eCvphf9xt56esxBvE7YRhLdmA"></script></span>

But when I save and reload it shows 2 seals.

I am not liking how the <script> is inside the <span> that is supposed to contain the badge.

Please try:

<span id="siteseal"></span>
<script async type="text/javascript" src="https://seal.godaddy.com/getSeal?sealID=0lwpmB7U1ELUSpdGka8lmjf9eCvphf9xt56esxBvE7YRhLdmA"></script>

But the real problem is that the skin template has two <div> blocks where the Copyright content is placed: one 'show-for-small-only' and one for 'show-for-medium-up'.

The situation is that both instances of the fetched javascript code is getting executed. Hence, two badges.

One solution is to edit the actual template (main.php and main.checkout.php). Place the <script> part along with all the other <script> tags at the bottom. Leave the <span> block in the Copyright content.

Another solution is to create a code snippet that will then have the script URL loaded into the template for any skin you may want to use.

I tried your suggestion (currently active) with no change. It is the double div

> But the real problem is that the skin template has two <div> blocks where the Copyright content is placed: one 'show-for-small-only' and one for 'show-for-medium-up'
So anybody putting a java script in the 'Copyright Text" section will have this problem?

Double content is also bad for Google?

I am an SEO atheist, but I would think Google cares not for SSL badges showing more than once.

It certainly depends on what the javascript does, but, yes, I would say, unless the javascript tries to detect if it is already loaded, then it will be executed twice.

Of the two solutions, which did you choose, if either?

I tried your 'Please try'.

The next thing I will try this suggestion:

One solution is to edit the actual template (main.php and main.checkout.php). Place the <script> part along with all the other <script> tags at the bottom. Leave the <span> block in the Copyright content.

I will report back then.

Yeah, the "Please try..." ended up being nothing more than adding a bit of sanity to the code structure.

It's the "But the real problem is..." that dismissed the validity of the "Please try...".

Since you will be editing a template, be sure to have CubeCart clear its cache (admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, Clear Cache).

Edited by bsmither