How to Wipe Out Incremental number attempt?

Dirty Butter

I've played around with changing to the Incremental Order numbers on several test sites. I'm having trouble because I was previously using Chuggyskins old Sequential Order number mod.

I thought I could go into the database and use base64 decode/edit/encode on the config file, changing the settings back to "oid_prefix":null,"oid_postfix":null,"oid_zeros":null,"oid_start":null,"oid_col":"cart_order_id" and then try a different strategy.

The subsequent order using Traditional still shows the consecutive custom_oid in the tables. Shouldn't it now be creating cart_order_id and custom_oid  with the traditional numbering in both columns?

It seems that once the database has "seen" a custom id number it remembers it, even when I wipe the oid stuff out of the config and delete the order created with the Increment.

Is there a way to completely wipe out my attempts and get totally back to Traditional?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally figured out why I couldn't get ALL the attempt of an incremental order numbering system erased, so I could try something different. I stumbled on the Triggers section of the phpMyAdmin order_summary table and sure enough, there were the settings that kept popping back up no matter how much I tried to erase the column or the table and then re-build.

So I've found that I can get back to clean by deleting the custom_oid column and deleting the trigger. Then I used these lines from the setup files to re-create a clean custom_oid file with no trigger.

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_order_summary` ADD `custom_oid` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''; #EOQ
ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_order_summary` ADD KEY (`custom_oid`); #EOQ

The trigger will not be created until the new Incremental Order settings are saved in Admin.

I've been using the old Sequential Order Number mod since 2012. During that time I had deleted lots of fake orders used for testing, etc. I think that's why I had so much trouble getting the 6.2 system to work. The Preview in Admin really didn't help me much - it never matched the result. I have to assume that was because of the old mod, as no one else has reported any trouble getting the Incremental to work.

Archived