moving cubecart 4.4.5 to a new subdomain and then upgrading to cc6

denisb

downloaded cubecart 4.4.5 which has been working very well on another domain. (downloaded as a zip file). Uploaded it to the new subdomain. Created a mysql file and reloaded the sql download from the old file. reset the global.inc parameters. took php back to 5.4 for this database. then tested . Store front opened ok but if any category was pressed it redirected to the old domain which was still active. Fixed up .htaccess but nothing changed. Decided problem was probably in the admin side but could not open it. the following error message occurs:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /home/eurekafa/public_html/shopping/ini.inc.php:120 Stack trace: #0 /home/eurekafa/public_html/shopping/admin/index.php(20): include() #1 {main} thrown in /home/eurekafa/public_html/shopping/ini.inc.php on line 120

magic quotes seems not to operate in this version of cubecart although it work perfectly fine on old domain at any php. I really don't know why it is a trouble.

Glad I didn't upgrade directly as all would have been lost. when I get cubecart 4.4.5 working on this domain then I will upgrade to 6.2.8

Archived