Errors upgrading to 6.5.1

Ok so my store had been running 6.2.9 and after backing up, I attempted upgrading to the latest CC version thru the Maintenance>Upgrade tab within the CC Admin interface. The upgrade at some point seemed to time out (browser loading bar stopped, page went blank).

I then attempted to upgrade the store to 6.5.1 thru my server's Control Panel (apologies if I should not have attempted both methods). On the store/setup page, I am riddled with errors almost instantly when the page attempts to upgrade from 3.0.20 to 4.0.0.

I cannot attach a screenshot of the errors here because of the 150 kb limit.  The errors seem to mostly be database-related. The errors which show are:

Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/splashab/public_html/store/includes/ini.inc.php on line 114

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_admin_permissions' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217 
Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_system_error_log' at line 1 in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 132
Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_admin_permissions' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_admin_sections' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_admin_sessions' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_admin_users' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_category' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S21/1060): Duplicate column name 'cat_desc' in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_currencies' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_customer' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_docs' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_inventory' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ' ALTER TABLE `[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_inventory` CHANGE `showFeatured` `showFea...' at line 1 in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_inventory' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_inv_lang' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_order_inv' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_order_sum' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_sessions' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_taxes' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_Modules' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S02/1146): Table 'splashab_store.[[dbprefix]]CubeCart_config' doesn't exist in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S21/1060): Duplicate column name 'remainder' in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query.php]: (42S21/1060): Duplicate column name 'extra' in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 217
and

Notice: `version` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_history' table! in /home/splashab/public_html/store/classes/db/database.class.php on line 969

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Please make this check: in /includes/globals.inc.php, find the following statement,

$glob['dbprefix'] = 'something';

where something could be anything, or nothing (leaving just two quote marks with nothing inside them).

It could be the case where [[dbprefix]] is what is between the quote marks.

What needs to happen is that the characters inside the quote marks must be the same as the actual characters in front of the database table names (as seen from your hosted account's control panel's database utility - phpMyAdmin, for example).

Thank you for the prompt response! Ok so as you mentioned [[dbprefix]] is indeed between the quote marks.

Checking the database with phpMyAdmin, it does not appear as though the tables have any prefix (the top table is named 'CubeCart_access_log' )

Does this mean I should simply change '[[dbprefix]]' to '' and reupload the file?

Edited by turanoh

I attempted changing the $glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php'; to the proper 'admin_custompath.php' and upon overwrite, the globals.inc.php file reverts to the regular $glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';

I also seem to have two 'admin' folders (each with custom '_paths') but no regular 'admin' folder.

The file /includes/global.inc.php is often set to be read-only. But you would have come across that obvious situation. I recall only one other instance similar to your description and it involved (I think) some sort of security application that prevents unauthorized changes to files.

Both the admin.php script and /admin/ folder have custom hashes appended as an approach to security by obscurity.

Of the two folders that start with 'admin_', one will be dated later than the other. Pick that one and change the corresponding value in globals.inc.php.

Ok great - we have an admin login screen! But I can't login with any of my credentials, nor reset a password.. 😑 Thoughts?

I take it back! The old login details worked, might have just been a browser or clipboard issue. Thanks, my liege :thumbsup: 

As an aside, upgrading the PHP version on the server disabled mcrypt, which caused all creditcard data to be hidden. Re-enabling mcrypt has resolved this for new orders, but it seems old card data may have been wiped. Any chance of recovery?

I am not familiar with a loss of encrypted card data when using a newer version of CubeCart (which may use a newer or different encryption method), a newer version of PHP (which may have different encryption protocols), nor when going through CubeCart's upgrade process (that may want to actually delete old very sensitive data to satisfy GDPR).

Using an external database utility, verify that the data has actually been deleted. (I am not sure where it gets saved, maybe CubeCart_order_summary, 'offline_capture' column.)