Blank Store & Admin Pages

ItsME

Hello,

My client's site is displaying a blank page for both the store's main page and the admin page.  The files and folders are present on the server, so I am not sure what I can do to resolve the problem.  I've tried generating an error log by following the instructions listed in the forum, but nothing happened when I uploaded the corresponding php file.  The site is running the latest version of Cubecart.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Using an external database utility, such as phpMyAdmin (a tool provided to you in your hosted account's control panel), view the table CubeCart_system_error_log.

Hopefully, the error will have been logged there.

If your site is being hosted, you probably have a control panel. Among all the tools available to you via that control panel, there should be a tool to view "Errors". This might be errors reported by the web server, or it might be errors reported by PHP.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I have now been able to obtain the following error in phpMyAdmin:

(3, 1690116455, '[<strong>Exception</strong>]     /location/admindirectory/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php:224 - implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given', 'https://www.domain.com/admindirectory.php?', '', 0),

*Note:  The italicized text replaces the actual locations & filenames.

Thanks. 

For your client, they must be running a version of CubeCart older than CC640, along with PHP being too new for CC640. There will be many incompatibilities.

Anyway, for this specific Exception, please see:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2487
https://github.com/cubecart/v6/commit/b366d549e68861b9b70a2fcb0937d8d704f0e2ed

and make the edit. The line number of this statement changes from version to version. The error message states the code with the problem is on line 224.

Thank you very much!  That fixed the problem with the blank admin page.  Now, I can login to the admin site and can access the system error log.  I am getting the following error there:

/classes/cubecart.class.php:2173 - syntax error, unexpected '='

I will try to troubleshoot this one in an attempt to fix the blank store page. 

It's showing that is running php 7.3.33 and CubeCart 6.5.1.  I'm not sure what caused the problem.

Thank you very much!!

Thanks again!  I was able to resolve the blank page of the store by upgrading the php version to 7.4.  I tried upgrading to 8.1, but that caused the admin page to go blank again.  I'm not sure why, but as long as the site is accessible again, I am fine with running 7.4 for now.  Thank you very much for your help, @bsmither.  I appreciate it very, very much!