PayPal UK now accepts instant payments

This seems to have 'occurred' without much of an announcement.

PayPal UK now accepts instant online payments. This occurred sometime in January.

This means that a customer does not have to be a PayPal member to send you money from their credit card any more, so now there is a good alternative to NoChex.

Not sure if this is for Business accounts only, you will need to check for your own situation.

Don't you have top be a business or premier customer to use it?

I wasn't sure which is why I said for peeps to check themselves.

We were waiting for this to happen for ages, as we were all set to have a PROT-X gateway instead. I thought i'd post here, as we didn't realise it had happened until we delved into the paypal site for news. (I thought it would be announced on the front page)

PuG - we used to prefer nochex, but we had a much higher proportion of people drop-out at checkout stage with nochex than we get with PayPal. Paypal you can customize the payment page more to look similar to your site. Also support is non-existent with nochex and we had 2 customers get charged for cash transactions with nochex before they announced it was a possibility on their site.