Cubecart 3

Hi

I was looking forward to this new release with great anticipation. How Sad.

Great cart if you only sell quantities of 1.

What about REAL SHOPS in the REAL WORLD that give discount for quantities.

Surely I am not the only one selling goods that gives discounts for quantities bought.

I though this might just available in the new cart but no.

Back to Zen Cart an ecommerce solution for REAL SHOPS that offers all options and for FREE.

Straid

The Alpha release of CC3 hasn't got the full features that the final release will have, i think Brooky stated this alreay.

I switched from CC2 to X-Cart a while back now.

Main reasons for doing this was that X-Cart has so many features that CC2 didn't come close too.

I have been keeping an eye out for CC3 however, even though i switched, because i really liked CC2 and would defo switch back to CC3 if it could compete featurewise with X-Cart.

I will continue to watch it's developement progress over the next few months, and only make my judgement on the final release not the Alpha or Beta.

Hi

If the final release had all the features of Zen Cart then it would be a world beater.

As I said its great if you are selling maybe CD's or something one at a time but in a real shop with over 8000 products Zen Cart seems to the way to go.

The final release of Cubecart will probably be like the last one, Hacks and Mods which you will have to pay for.

Why do that when you can get all these working features for free with Zen

Straid

Guest twisted

We're pleased you enjoy your zen cart...just as we enjoy our cubecart.

Thanks for stopping by. Do let us know when you find ONE cart that pleases everybody. I'd love to see it.

:)

If cubecart had the same features as zen cart...it would be...err...zen cart. What would be the point of that?

Typical of this Forum

Sarcastic remarks.

1 Are you a shop owner?

2. Have you ever tried Zen Cart (if so you would appreciate its features)?

The point I am making, which I and many others think is valid.

We do not sell 1 off's if so Cubecart would be fine, we sell in quantities and give discount like real shops.

Cubecart does not support REAL SHOPS

Get into the real world of E-commerce and see what I mean.

Guest phofire

First off, i have tried zen and OS, functionality, yes, support and ease of use, no

Most of what you are asking for will be included in the final release. you are looking at an alpha.

Im going to be as critical of your posts as you became critical of an alpha release.

Do you know what an alpha release is, its literally a drawing room concept activated , knowing its incomplete, broken etc. Its not MEANT to be what everyone/wants or needs but meant to be torn apart to fix it all for beta. Only a great fool raches for what he was given, and i am not a great fool so surely i cannot choose the glass in front of me

Beta is only so much better, Beta is the shakedown cruise. it looks finished but still isnt. Also many problems but has the major kinks worked out and still nothing to truly judge upon. But you would have known i wasnt a great fool so truly, i cannot choose the glass in front of you

Seriously, not all mods are paid for, and honestly everything i have needed pretty much was free with one exception, and its being worked on in the new cart.

If you wish to make statement about what the cart is lacking once its been officially released, then by all means do so. But in the mean time your being foolish and will likely get no more respect then what you have "earned" so far

Hi

Not really being critical just wanting now what I know will probably be available later, perhaps a year or so.

As for your comment about Zen support. I must disagree with you.

I had a problem with it last weekend and the support on the forum in resolving my problem was teriffic.

Wish the same could be said here as I have seen many post with problems being read but unanswered.

Still I will not give up on Cubecart, maybe try it again in a year or so.

If I am still in business.

Guest twisted

Actually, I have been in e-commece for nearly 4 years both as internet only store, and as an extension of a "real world" brick and mortar store.

Yes I have tried zen cart..........twice.

i didn;t like it either time.

Cubecart is no less of a supporter of "real shops" than any other e-commerce script.

I admit [and have stated so in the past], cubecart DOES lack some functionality, even some of what some people might call necessary. But conversely, scripts like zen cart contain a ton of functionalty, half of which most people either don't use, or don't want.

Its swings and round-abouts, one mans posion is another mans....etc....and in the end, it all boils down to personal likes and dislikes, and whether the script you are using meets your needs or not.

Cubecart obviously doesn;t meet yours, so you have gone to zen cart. Good on ya. I hope you're happy with it. I, and many others....aren't.

Yes, my opening comment was semi-sarcastic, and i apologize. The delivery was not the best ... but nevertheless, the message is esentially still the same - one cart does NOT fit all.

In time in time...... IN TIME!!

We will get there... The bones of CubeCart 3 is far superior to OSCommerce and Zen. The first version is only really enough features to have a good functionaly digital or tangible store. Come release 3.0.5 or so we willl be the best...

It also have full time development on it now which OSCommerce hasn't have for 4 years!

To say Cubecart doesn't support 'real' shops is a little bit of a stretch in my opinion. OK, so the cart doesn't have the facility as standard to offer quantity discounts - fair enough but that doesn't mean it isn't suitable for 'real' businesses out there. Not every business offers quantity discounts - particularly if the prices are kept competetive to begin with.

To be perfect honest, your comments are insulting to me (though of course I understand thats not what you were saying), implying since we use Cubecart we aren't a 'real' shop. Having been in business for 5 years in the real world, online for 2, Cubecart has been the backbone of our internet presence without any real problems at all (we have trialled Zen and OSC as well as Agora). Though the support here may not be brilliant at times, it *is* still a growing community and as such will take some time to develop.

The thing is, at the end of the day no one cart is going to be suitable for everyone.

Not every business offers quantity discounts

I get a very large amount of requests by email every day. Discount by quantity is not actually made that often. Admittedly it has a reasonable amount though.

By far the highest request is storing credit cards in the database, or sent by email. This is a feature I will never introduce as it would be imoral to do so.

But you would have known i wasnt a great fool so truly, i cannot choose the glass in front of you

You've made your decision then?

Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals.

:w00t::wacko: :P

Guest rickbradford

Maybe it's just because I'm relatively new here but I don't understand why people who've chosen other carts come to the CubeCart board to bitch about CubeCart.

I mean, if you've made your choice, good for you, way to go. You've chosen the cart that works best for you, just like the rest of us.

It's just weird. I can understand if someone wanted to post and say "Hey, what are the chances of [insert feature of choice] being a part of the new release?" But to come on and basically say what chumps people are who prefer a different cart is just goofy.

Neither PHP-Nuke or OScommerce worked out for me but I didn't feel the need to post on their boards when I decided to go with CubeCart.

No offense, really. I just don't get it.

Guest twisted

Neither PHP-Nuke or OScommerce worked out for me but I didn't feel the need to post on their boards when I decided to go with CubeCart.

Ditto....and Hear Hear!!!

ha your saying cubecart isnt for real shops where as I havent seen YOU straid make a better shopping cart than cubecart :)

P.S Zen cart sucks and Cubecart rules and we all know it.(you dont see me posting on a zencart forum saying its crap do you?)

Hey Booker - Why slang off at Australia? Not nice, nor deserved or IMHO relevant to the discussion.

Does this make me a criminal also?

:) Journey

Sorry Rob and Booker, I didn't mean to go over the top but my brain isn't functioning right today. I still don't get the relevance of the comment to the discussion but, as I'm not a male and I don't know the background, I probably won't.

To Booker, I apologise for any insult or offence I have given and I humbly thank you for all the assistance you have given me both directly and indirectly (through your replies to others via the forum).

I personally have found this forum and CC to be the best place for a newbie like myself to learn what is needed to develop an online store. That is why I chose CC in the first place, especially after visiting the support forums of other Cart sites and reading the types of problems that were being experienced there compared to CC. I also don't understand why people insist on coming onsite and bagging something they are not using. If you really want a feature added to CC then send a request, that would be actioned faster than trashing Brooky & Co's attempts to develop something new.

And even I (a complete novice) understand that placing the Alpha version of CC3 out on forum was so that those with the ability to test it could do so so that all the basic problems can be worked out before being overlaid with other functions. No one in their right mind would expect an alpha version to be fully functional and totally debugged! Even supposedly final versions always have patches and critical updates as problems are found and corrected. These days programmes need to evolve rather than remain static if they are going to continue to be useful.

What I can't get over is that all this support and development is done freely. CC is an amazing gift to all of us who use it and rather than trash the programme or the developers they should be encouraged and supported as much as possible.

Thanks,

Fi (aka Journey)

Guest phofire

Hey Booker - Why slang off at Australia? Not nice, nor deserved or IMHO relevant to the discussion.

Does this make me a criminal also?

:) Journey

Journey

The comment said about australian and criminals is a movie quote

following the quotes from the same movie i madeabout being a great fool and choosing glasses

Its from "The Princess Bride"

see it and it will make more sense

Okay -- Sorry about that post above. It was from a movie. The original post by phofire that I quoted used a line from that movie, and I just quoted in the next couple of lines. I know there are a few Australians on the board and thought someone might get the reference... Sorry if you didn't and were insulted by it. I meant no disrespect :)

The movie, by the way, is The Princess Bride.

Guest adultoysexpress.com

Just look at all the psosts in these forums....how many have no (0) answers? Very Few!!!

9 out of 10 questions are answered within hours of being asked. Try getting that on OSC or Zen.

In respect of the ones that don;t get answered, you have to consider:

a) no-one KNOWS the answer

:) the person who DOES know the answer, hasn't read the post yet.

c) the more knowledgeable ones do not live here. They might "check-in" every 2 or 3 days...so it could be 2 or 3 days before a post gets answered.

I agree with everyhting else said about realising the problems with an alpha release.

GO Cubecart!

:D

(I got the reference to Princess Bride) :cry:

To Phofire and Booker, you crack me up! I've heard people quote from movies before but "The Princess Bride" that takes the cake!!!! lol

No wonder I didn't get the reference!!! hehehe

Unfortunately I don't get out to the movies often (about twice a year) and I hire them at about the same rate, so I don't get the chance to see many movies and those that I do are usually animations suitable for 4yo's.

But I will hire this movie soon just to see the context.

Thanks for your assistance and the great laugh, you both made my day.

Fi

Guest phofire

Im assuming to "hire" a movie is what i would know as "renting"?

As for the princess bride, i have loved that movie for 21 years, i was 7 when i saw and have seen it a few hundred time.

it is safe for kids and often enjoyable (maybe a few more years for her/him to understand but its vissually fun as well)