Digital Downloads

:whistle: I have been working with version: CubeCart 3.0.0 Alpha-RGF for days trying to get it to work with PayPal IPN to sell and then return to a download page to be able to download MP3s. I set up with PayPal for a developers account and it works fine, but when I make a purchase of an item that is suppose to be digital, it takes me through the motions to PayPal and that's it....it never comes back to the URL of the cart site and yes I did set it up in PayPal with a return URL to http://www.mydomain.com/mall/download.php. In the ad product section of the Admin it shows this:

HTTP Path: http://www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe

Server Root Path: /usr/local/vhosts/www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe (Recommended!)

but doesn't tell how to do the Server Root Path deal nor do I find a downloads directory or a download.exe file anywhere. I am very new to the net and this is quite confusing....so if there is someone out there that has a little patience to work through this with me, it would be greatly appreciated. I really like the script and will have no problem paying for it if I can ever get it to work properly.

Codi

When an order is successful CubeCart should email the customer with access details about how to download their goods.

I will check this today and make sure it works for the beta release.

There is no need to set any pass back url to cubecart as IPN should deal with this automatically.

Brookey... :unsure: First off, allow me to say that I really like your new version of CubeCart. I’m not a programmer, nor am I an astute internet person so I can only imagine the hours of mid-night oil you had to burn to create such a master piece. Cudos to you….

Please take my comments below as suggestions rather than criticism.

FIRST:

1) The script didn't send any emails about the purchases.

2) If it is suppose to, then the script should also provide a page to return to from PayPal telling the customer that an email has been sent with download instructions, user code and password to enable them to download the digital items they have purchased.

3) On the profile page of PayPal, after you setup the IPN you have to go down the list to "Website Payment Preferences" and put in a URL for PayPal to take you back to your cart's site or after you pay, it keeps you on the PayPal site and when you log out, you're done....to get back to your URL, you have to re-enter it into your browser.

Also: (suggestions of needed features for digital downloads)

1) The script should provide a means for Admin to re-activate a download session for an instance deemed justifiable for a customer to get a second chance to download their digital purchases should admin receive an email from that customer with a legitimate complaint.

2) Admin should also have the ability to set a time limit, starting in a number of minutes to achieve a download, with the ability to go for hours, days or permanent. In other words, completely versatile and adjustable by Admin.

3) Admin should also have the ability to set the number of times a download of a digital product can be downloaded. From one to infinity according to whatever Admin sees as reasonable and justifiable for his customers.

On the profile page of PayPal, after you setup the IPN you have to go down the list to "Website Payment Preferences" and put in a URL for PayPal to take you back to your cart's site or after you pay, it keeps you on the PayPal site and when you log out, you're done....to get back to your URL, you have to re-enter it.

I hope I didn’t irritate you with my rhetoric as it was not my purpose. I have recently entered 100 different magazines with pricing, descriptions and graphics into your CC3 Alpha-2 version. It was quite tiring to do so but I have some suggestion that would ease the pain and time of entering repetitive products into the cart if you would be interested in hearing them. If so, let me know and I will be glad to add my 2 cents and elaborate.

Codi

I've replied under your comments below:

1) The script didn't send any emails about the purchases.

>> It did during development. There must be a bug.

2) If it is suppose to, then the script should also provide a page to return to from PayPal telling the customer that an email has been sent with download instructions, user code and password to enable them to download the digital items they have purchased.

>> It does if the Return URL is set to confirmed.php.

Also: (suggestions of needed features for digital downloads)

1) The script should provide a means for Admin to re-activate a download session for an instance deemed justifiable for a customer to get a second chance to download their digital purchases should admin receive an email from that customer with a legitimate complaint.

>> This is already a feature. All download links can be reset. Have a look at the order detail.

2) Admin should also have the ability to set a time limit, starting in a number of minutes to achieve a download, with the ability to go for hours, days or permanent. In other words, completely versatile and adjustable by Admin.

>> This can be set in admin settings (in seconds).

3) Admin should also have the ability to set the number of times a download of a digital product can be downloaded. From one to infinity according to whatever Admin sees as reasonable and justifiable for his customers.

>> This can be set in admin settings (download attempts).

:D

It's all there. I just have to retest the IPN code. :unsure: