OneTel

Hello,

Does anyone else use OneTel.co.uk for phone and broadband. I have not been able to access www.cubecart.com for the last three hours when it seems the rest of the world can.

I also find that I have to click hyperlinks and write in the web address twice as the first time I get page cannot be displayed.

Does anybody else find this with them? Freedom2Surf prior to this were perfect. They even tried to pass me off to Microsoft Support. What they have to do with my Broadband connection I have no idea.

Sorry just needed to rant... Another wasted afternoon...

Well I dont use their broadband but I currently use them for phone calls.

Not for much longer as I have had a few calls offering other services (to my business number) and told them I am not interested but they keep on trying. Last time they called, the guy said 'I will have to log you as deceased on our system to stop you gettng any more calls!'.

The worst ISP in the world?

No way, theres nothing they can do to top my ISP...

I cant get standard ADSL where i live (damn telstra), so i have Microwave Broadband through a local company... they're down at least once a week, once for 6 hours before i called them and said "whats going on", their reply "theres a problem?"... half their network was down and they didnt even notice!!!

and yet its 3x as expensive as standard ADSL......

I think the topic needs to be renamed: "ISP Rant!" :P

VERIZON in the States SUCK.. they are the only High speed backbone where i am at and we pay 2,000 per mouth for the OS3 line to our ISP and they are down more then a fish in water.

I place a upgrade order and they said no problem there will be Very little down time maybe 1 day at most and here it is 3 weeks later and still down.. i am losen wireless people from my Wireless ISP and 4 webservers off line 1 of them my main hosting site.... the good thing is the back up system on the other servers ( ADSL at 3/3mbit speeds ) still works.....

Brooky your ISP problem is in the DNS Setting.. change the DNS to a new server like your sites DNS IP and you will over come the problem..

anyways i feel verizon it the worst ISP there is!!

Guest twisted

We have Verizon for phone, but not ISP.........even their phone service sucks. I have spent, in total, about 2 of the last 5 days without internet connectivity as my DUN can;t connect due to the amount of static on the line.

Guess who we use as an ISP...............Walmart! haha. Yeah, Walmart.

They're actually not too bad. Btter and cheaper than most we have tried, and they don;t disconnect you after a certain amount of time online, or after a certain amount of inactivity [one of my biggest gripes]

Unfortunately, due to our location, we can;t get cable, or dsl, or satellite.

'I will have to log you as deceased on our system to stop you gettng any more calls!'.

Now I don;t care who you are.......THATS funny............ridiculous, but funny. :P

Guest clothahump

I use onesmell.co.uk as my dial up isp as I am unable to get broadband where I live, their service sucks big time and if you ever need to phone customer support you end up talking to a person that can barely use the English language in India or London.

It was bad before they were bought out by Centrica (British Gas) but now it is total crap, anybody know of a good alternative?

Guest twisted

Cant you see the Sky Twisted???

Not well enough top get satellite, no.

Not that it would matter...because there are no companies in this area that provide broadband services this far out of town.

I don't use dial-up because I like it...I use dialup because that is the ONLY option i have!

Brooky your ISP problem is in the DNS Setting.. change the DNS to a new server like your sites DNS IP and you will over come the problem

How do I do that? Doh! Stupid question probably.

Not sure how your network is setup.. but if you use a linksys routor on the setup page affter you login to it via the web http://192.168.1.1

there is a place on there that says DNS just enter your websites DNS servers ip there.. if you dont know your DNS ip for your website just do a whois on ns.brooky.com and it will give it to you.. right now i had to hijack someones wireless service WIFI so i can get on the net but i use my own DNS servers 151.201.0.39 is the verizon IP in that sates..

good luck its easy to do..

I use ntl for my service requirements here in the uk not the best, but never had any probs with them so like they say if it aint broke why fix it

£30/month

1meg broadband

phone free calls eve/weekend(work 72 hours/week so suits me fine)

basic cable tv pack 40 channels and a load of radio stations.

LOL. I've been flat hunting over the last few weeks and it's taken its toll on work so I have to have a productive day...

... It would have started better if the lazer toner I ordered fitted the printer it said it did!!

What is it with printers? Have you seen the movie "Office Space"?

yes i seen it did u like it?

where u lookin to move to?

my printer died a painful death last week it has been giving up for about a month now and as i dont really use it that much just sorta went with it.And surprise surprise just when you need it, it breaks down.

I did try and fix it but apparantly u shouldnt use a hammer to do it!!!

It worked blindingly! Thanks. THe amount of stress and heartache you have just saved me is amazing!!

Very Happy

Glad to help..

did try and fix it but apparantly u shouldnt use a hammer to do it!!!

Use the best tool for the job!!!