Shipping Isnt added

Guest phonecrazy

Guest phonecrazy

ok, my first post went unanswered... and Im close to leaving cubecart along and going for some other script.

When someone orders, shipping isnt automatically added to their cart total... they need to click update first which, lets face it, isnt gonna happen....

Anyone know how to solve this?

Robert

Guest macsobel

I'm getting the same thing here. I am using the UPS shipping module and although it gets the correct quote from UPS it does not add it to the customer's total. Small error, anyone have a fix?

Guest phonecrazy

one of mine is flat rate and one is per item and it can become costly if the customer doesnt click the update button...

... :unsure:

it happened to me too...

..if the customer doesn't touch the dropdown list with shippingcosts then they are infact able to process an order without actually having any shippingcosts at all...

.. shippingcosts are not shown on the reciept either... :P

..yesterday i reported it to flyspray.. after that we'll see...

Yup, this IS happening to me too. Maybe I'll get ambitious and look at the code. Brooky is going to have his work cut out for him monday morning :)

I'm going to look in to this tonight if nobody else has and see if i can code a fix. already coded another fix which i sent to brooky for the ProtX payment gateway (thanks for putting a credit in there brooky! :lol:

Maybe i can help out, we'll see if i get time before falling asleep

Good Morning All ..

I started with Cubecart last night as a possibilty for a new shopping cart. I too did not like at all the fact that the customer had to update the cart to get the shipping cost included in the purchase. My first test purchase didn't include the shipping .... Wow ..... I see now that I will get orders without the customer doing the update ....thus orders that may have to be cancelled.

Guest banpei

I modified the code of my preferred shipping method. In my case this is per category.

I modified modules/shipping/Per_Category/calc.inc.php and added the following just before the last closing-bracket (line 58)

if(isset($basket['shipCost']) && $basket['shipCost'] == "0.00")

{

$basket['shipCost'] = $sum;

$shipCost = $sum;

}

This will assign the preferred shipping cost to the total. I know it is not a good way to do this, but atleast it does for me what it needs to do. :)

Guest Earth Bizz

I've been playing with CC3 for a couple of days now in the hope that the shipping options would be more advanced and flexible than CC2 .. but its worse! CC2 with a Individual Shipping Price Mod bunged on is more flexible.

I think I'll stick with CC2 for the time being. .. but CC3 looks nice.

:)

Guest topjones

If you are only using one shipping method - you should be able to open up the calc for that method and change the onchange event to onload.

Temporary duct tape fix - but it works.

This didn't work for the UPS mod.

How about if we add a "Choose Shipping" as the default choice?? Ideally, if someone doesn't select one, it would give an error saying "You must select your shipping method/price!", but if not, at least it would clue people in to use the dropdown thus insuring shipping is added.

I haven't fooled with any of the gateway stuff yet, so any idea how to do this???

---

and okay, I take this back. banpei's method DOES work for the UPS module, but instead of putting it just before the closing bracket, you have to put it just before the "unset($module);" line. Then it does seem to force the shipping cost to be added.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Evil Sports

Not happy about this, what a waste of time setting up CC3 only to have to go back to cc2.

Does brooky usually get these things worked out quickly??

shipping does need to appear as a choice as soon as they see their cart and added porducts with a please select shipping options (what ever is available)

no select You get error

select something and voila it updates

currrently shipping shows n/a untill you get to almost the last step

which is dumb

cuz a customer is going to assume shipping doesnt apply and they dont have ot pay for shipping

then get to the last step now we have a shipping drop down and the customer goes what the hell?

Come on brooky this is no good...

shipping drop down needs to carry across on all view cart pages so its always there in view cart

and it needs error checking like product options

dont select anything you get an error and cant go further till you do.