Administration & global.inc.php

I can access the store but I cannot use the admin functions.

My test setup is as follows:

All of the upload files are in a directory called cubecartdemo

1. I cannot find a directory called images/upload nor the thumbs

2. In the global.inc.php see below

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'mystore';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'mypass';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'myusername';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/vwww/mydirectory/cubecartdemo';

$glob['rootRel'] = 'XXXXXX';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.mydomain.com/cubecartdemo';

What should be in rootRel? I have tried several things because I cannot get admin to work and thought the problem could be here.

When I invoke http://www.mydomain.com/cubecart/admin

I get http://www.mydomain.com/admin/login.php?go...admin/index.php?

which cannot be found.

If I go directly to http://www.mydomain.com/cubecartdemo/admin/login.php I get the login screen with the statement that there is no adminstration session.

When I try to use retrieve password after hitting the Request Password button I get the URL http://www.mydomain..com/admin/requestPass.php and of course the error message that the file cannot be found.

HELP - please.

Howard

P.S. Friendly tip in the instructions there is an obvious typo.

globla.inc.pgp should be global.inc.php

hlf

Guest chinemark

Ok chaps thicko alert!!!!

Can someone tell me exactly what should go in place of the XXXXX's

Taken into account my domain is thiswiththat.co.uk

Thanks in advance.

Mark

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = mydb;

$glob['dbhost'] = userid;

$glob['dbpassword'] = mypass;

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = user;

$glob['rootDir'] = '/store/';

$glob['rootRel'] = xxxxxxx

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.thiswiththat.co.uk/store';

?>

Guest hlfunk

OK. I have made the corrections to the paths and was able to get a password for the admin area. But now I get the message

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class db in /home/vwww/hlfunk/classes/db.inc.php on line 31

Any idea of what is going on?

When will we see 3.1?

Howard

Guest hlfunk

After a lot of tinkering I was able to get V3 to work - not the easiest install. Although V3 is now operational a couple of anomalies remain.

When I logon the message

No administration session found. I ignore the message. login, and use all the admin functions almost trouble free!

Any idea about what is going on here?

Although I can successfully upload images and the autogenerated thumbnails, the admin page displays the message

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/vwww/hlfunk/cubecartdemo/includes/functions.inc.php on line 192

21.3 KB

Any idea of what is going on here?

Guest blackbeard

hlfunk, i had the same problem (cannot redeclare class db).

i'm a complete noob to php/mysql so could u plz share how u solved that problem?

Guest blackbeard

hlfunk, i had the same problem (cannot redeclare class db).

i'm a complete noob to php/mysql so could u plz share how u solved that problem?

Guest russkarr

I finally got 3.0.0 working on my Windows2003 server,

The store was working but could not access admin area, fixed that by entering the "/" in the global.ini.php file which allowed access to the admin login screen successfully but now get the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class db in C:\WebSites\RUSSB\karrbiz.biz\classes\db.inc.php on line 31

suggestions???

Guest zman

I finally got 3.0.0 working on my Windows2003 server,

The store was working but could not access admin area, fixed that by entering the "/" in the global.ini.php file which allowed access to the admin login screen successfully but now get the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class db in C:\WebSites\RUSSB\karrbiz.biz\classes\db.inc.php on line 31

suggestions???

Go into the global.inc.php file and try changing the 'rootDir' path slashes to the other direction. I battled this for over an hour on a CC2 install and when I installed CC3 to test it, I immediately changed the slashes to the other direction anticipating the problem. :o It worked. Not sure if it would have NOT worked had I left it alone but give this a shot.

Example... Here is the line in my global.inc.php file...

$glob['rootDir'] = 'C:/Program Files/YellowTip/Htdocs/cc3';

Had I left the default in during the install it would have looked like this...

$glob['rootDir'] = 'C:\Program Files\YellowTip\Htdocs\cc3';

In CC2 I had to change the direction of the slashes and I'm guessing this is most likely an issue in CC3 for Windows users as well.

See if this works for ya, if it does let me know and I'll submit a bug report because this is a big issue for Windows guys :)

FYI, my 'rootRel' looks like this...

$glob['rootRel'] = '/cc3/';

Guest russkarr

Tried both ways but still get the same resulting error

FYI: my rootrel = "/" as this installation is to the root of the web folder

:o

Guest zman

Tried both ways but still get the same resulting error

FYI: my rootrel = "/" as this installation is to the root of the web folder

:o

I don't know if it matters but in CC2 if I let it go through without changing the slash direction it would crash the entire program to the point to where I don't think I could recover it. Might want to try resintalling CC3 and during the setup process change the slashes AT THAT TIME rather than directly in the file. If you don't have any products in there it takes about 30 seconds to reinstall the entire CC3 so that's what I'd try next :)

Guest russkarr

Yea, unfortunatly the install was less then a cherry as well. I used the manual method as the automatic method stops at screen #3 with no "continue" or "enter" button to proceed forward. I see that issue was well touted but without explanation as of yet.

It may be time to bail for another cart that works with PayPal Pro~

Guest zman

Yea, unfortunatly the install was less then a cherry as well. I used the manual method as the automatic method stops at screen #3 with no "continue" or "enter" button to proceed forward. I see that issue was well touted but without explanation as of yet.

It may be time to bail for another cart that works with PayPal Pro~

Odd... I used the automatic install even with the Windows based server and it worked fine???

Guest hlfunk

All -

I am running on a Solaris server using Apache.

The posts so far refer to Windows (ugh) servers.

I still need help.

Thank you.

Howard

• 4 weeks later...

With regard to the initial post, the problem is almost certainly in the global.inc.php file:

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/';

Make sure the setting is correct, i had exactly the same problem with pages missing etc and realised that the url i was being sent after admin/login.php was different to the admin.login.php my store is set up in a sub folder of the main website.

Once this path was correct everything worked fine.

After submitting login.php check the url that comes up and make sure it is exactly the same before the 'admin/login.php' as the initial login page.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest calvinarnold

I don't know if it's because I've been staring at this screen for 9 hours straight but I've read and re-read what everyone has suggested to fix the "No administration session was found," tried it and still maintain the same problem. I'm a newbie with CubeCart so maybe I'm overlooking something very obvious. I am running CubeCart on a Windows 2003 Server.

My global.inc.php file looks like this...

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'databasename';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'databasepassword';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'databaseusername';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CubeCart\upload';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/CubeCart/upload/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://localhost/cubecart/upload';

?>

The rootDir, rootRel and storeURL were auto-generated during the setup process and I know I did not input that information.

When I go to login as an admin, my link looks like this...

http://localhost/cubecart/upload/admin/login.php

After I attempt to login, I get kicked to a link that looks identical to the original login page but the URL is slightly different...

http://localhost/CubeCart/upload/admin/log...admin/index.php?

I know everyone says it's the info in the rootRel that will fix it, but I've tweaked that line for hours with everything I can think of and I still get the "no administration session was found" error. I hope someone can help me out and kick some sense into me. Thanks in advance.